PDA

View Full Version : End of an "ERA"??

Karl Laustrup
01-01-2007, 8:57 AM
Was wondering what everyone thinks about the Packer/Bears game last night?

Pretty good game by Favre I think. :) Will he return? Or was that his swan song?:(

Personally, I think he needs to come back. He spent most of this year getting all those rookies playing football. With a little help from the front office over the off season, I think the Pack can get back to the Super Bowl.

That's the way Brett needs to go out. On top with a Super Bowl Ring. :) :)

Karl

Mark Patoka
01-01-2007, 9:26 AM
I'm with you Karl and think he should come back for one more. He's still playing just as good as many of the other starting QBs out there. It's one of those things where you know he has to leave eventually and make room for the new guy but give him a good supporting cast and you better watch out. Besides, how many defenses can't wait to play against him just so they get the opportunity to pick off a Brett Favre pass?:)

Jerry LaBelle
01-01-2007, 12:49 PM
Karl
Would like to see him comeback but I have a feeling this is it based on his and everyone else's reaction after the game last night. :(

Jerry

Ken Fitzgerald
01-01-2007, 12:56 PM
Karl.........I've always liked Favre and the way he plays with reckless abandon.........If I were him.....I'd let my body tell me whether or not he should come back. Physically he's at a point in life where the tolls of all his football will be speaking to him every morning when he climbs out of bed. I know.......mine talks to me everytime I get out of bed or out of a chair....my knees tell me everytime I stand up.....My back since I broke it dictates to me how my day is gonna go...the first thing each morning...

I hate to see sports stars lives wrecked for life for one more big win.....my favorite sports star....Ali...I have a 36"x48" oil portrait of him on my family room wall....I cringe every time I see him on television these days.......JMHO

Jerry Olexa
01-01-2007, 9:38 PM
Karl, I'd love to see him back but age is sneaking up on him...The interview after the game was very telling and his emotion (the tears etc) might say he's going to hang it up. He did say he'll decide in the next few weeks but he's having knee surgery today. Who knows. He's a great competitor and one of my favorites..Hope he returns..