PDA

View Full Version : How I Spent New Year's Eve...

Art Mulder
01-01-2007, 7:53 AM
Just curious, how many of us just stayed home on New Year's eve.

We battled rain/mist and went to downtown London where there was public skating, a "Caillou" musical show for kids, and fireworks at 9pm - the "kids" new year countdown.

Happy New Year!
...art

Randy Moore
01-01-2007, 8:04 AM
Art, like you said in your poll, you forgot one.
I fell asleep about 9:00 and woke up about 12:30.:o LOML was already in bed and asleep. She is still asleep and it is 7:00AM here.
Weather was somewhat lousy plus I am starting to dislike the snow, sleet and the cold stuff.:(
Hope everyone Had an enjoyable evening and got home safely.
Randy:)

Art Mulder
01-01-2007, 8:14 AM
I fell asleep about 9:00 and woke up about 12:30.:o LOML was already in bed and asleep. She is still asleep and it is 7:00AM here.

Err, I would have called that "staying home".

JayStPeter
01-01-2007, 8:25 AM
Between getting ready for the drywallers (while they were working) and having fun with the kids this weekend, I was out in front of the TV at 9:30 :rolleyes: . We did order in a nice dinner though :cool: .

Nancy Laird
01-01-2007, 9:09 AM
There's no category for multiples--how about

out to a restaurant for dinner,
back home with just LOML, and
working until 1:30 a.m. (at home) while LOML went to bed at 10:00 p.m.

Humpf!

Nancy

Tom Hamilton
01-01-2007, 9:15 AM
Huge party for three granddaughters and two of their friends: two five year olds, two seven year olds and the 10 year old.

Charlotte's Web at 5:30, pizza at home after, watched a little Disney Channel until 10:50, flipped the channel to Times Square to watch the ball come down in the Easter time zone, had everyone in bed by 11:15.

Happy New Year!

Tom, in Houston, happy to start the New Year grandfathering.

Bill Grumbine
01-01-2007, 9:40 AM
I guess we were multiple as well. Our neighbors three doors down invited several neighbors over for a dinner buffet party. It was a very nice quiet time getting to know some of the newer neighbors a little better. Then it was back home to play board games with the kids until midnight. In bed and lights out by 12:15 AM. We do not live exciting lives (most of the time anyway) and this was just fine for us.

Bill

Ken Fitzgerald
01-01-2007, 9:50 AM
My New Years Night started Saturday night.....The wife and her 84 year old mother sat up and played cards all night. The wife woke me up at 0200 Sunday morning. I got cleaned up...packed my suitcase. We left the MILs at 0330 and drove to the airport. Climbed on a plane at 0600 CST and arrived home at 1430 via Bloomington, IL, Chicago, Seattle. I fell asleep on the couch watching a football game about 7:00 p.m. and woke up about 1100 p.m. The LOML had gone to bed. I finally got to sleep about 2:00 a.m. and woke up about 6:00 a.m.........Wild and crazy here in Idaho.......:confused:

Wes Bischel
01-01-2007, 10:21 AM
I was in the shop putting another coat of paint on LOML's Christmas present. Yeah, I know, late again.:rolleyes: :( (LOML went to bed early.)

Wes

Jim Young
01-01-2007, 10:56 AM
Stayed home where it's nice and safe. My youngest daughter, (9), decided to prepare a platter of cheese, cookies, crackers and grapes for the big occasion. We even had sparkling lemonade.

Jim Hinze
01-01-2007, 12:00 PM
My wife and I have a 10 year standing tradition, we get king crab legs and filet's, ask a friend or two over and chill for the evening....

Being out on amature night is not someting that gives me warm and fuzzies :)

John Shuk
01-01-2007, 8:07 PM
We had friends visiting from London during the day. Evening was trying to get kids to sleep so we could do the same.

Ron Journeau
01-01-2007, 9:02 PM
Parchesi with son and LOML till 10:00 PM, then off to bed, had to get up at 4 AM for work today... and it was a great family time evening, should do it more often..

Jim Becker
01-01-2007, 9:26 PM
Home, indeed!!

54046 54047
54048 54049

Jim Becker
01-01-2007, 9:28 PM
And a couple more...

54051 54052

As most of you know, our girls are from Russia just over a year ago--New Years is the "big" holiday there. Over the communist era, Christmas was verboten and New Years took over as the "gifts for children" holiday with Father Frost (Dyed Moros) doing the honors. So our girls got a gift on New Year's Eve and today we had Pelemeni (Russian meat ravioli/dumplings) for dinner prepared wonderfully by Dr. SWMBO.

54053 54054

Ken Fitzgerald
01-01-2007, 9:29 PM
No doubt in my mind Jim.........One of your and your spouses....no.....One of your family's happiest New Years!

Congrats!

John Schreiber
01-02-2007, 12:02 AM
Jim, That looks like a wonderful party.

We had just driven about 20 hours from South Florida home to Illinois and were beat, beat, beat. I was checking in on the Creek. LOML was down for the night. My oldest was out dancing and the youngest asleep on the couch.

I looked at my watch and saw that it was passed midnight, carried one kid to bed, made sure the other was safe at her girlfriend's sleepover and went and gave my sleeping wife a kiss.

Russ Cass
01-02-2007, 1:12 AM
My wife and I have a 10 year standing tradition, we get king crab legs and filet's, ask a friend or two over and chill for the evening....

Being out on amature night is not someting that gives me warm and fuzzies :)Funny, The wife and I do the exact same thing.

King Crab, steaks, maybe a bottle of wine and a quiet evening at home alone.

We started staying home when the first of our four daughters was old enough to go out on NYE :eek: .
Wanted to be near the phone "just in case" and we started to enjoy the peace and quiet.

Randal Stevenson
01-02-2007, 1:34 AM
Kinda two fold. It fell on a day, that we had changed the hours of about three years ago, due to a few series of customers who kept thinking it was ok to start coming in 1/2 hour before close, and keep coming in, up to an 1 1/2 AFTER close. So we got done, and for the third time in 19 years, I wasn't on the road when the shots were fired, I was actually where I was invited to.

19 years ago, however, still comes up every year. That group still comes in, and still thinks that they did us a favor, by making plans for us, to spend it with them.:confused:

Rick Gibson
01-02-2007, 5:27 AM
Turned 60 on the 31st so the family all came here. I managed to stay up till midnight but just barely. If the family hadn't been here the wife and I would have been in bed at 10.

Steve Hayes
01-02-2007, 10:44 AM
Myself and the LOML watched Blazing Saddles and Airplane, ate pizza and other bad things and at 12:00 drank some champagne and scared the dogs with party poppers.