PDA

View Full Version : New Table Saw & Introduction

Larry Zeiser
12-31-2006, 6:30 PM
Hi All, I am new to this forum and I must say it is the most informative site I have ever come accross. Since I retired this is my new hobby along with my bagpipes. Prior to retirement I worked in construction & building maintenance. Picked up my new table saw yesterday from Sears. Yes it is the zip code saw 22124. I spent alot of time trying to make up my mind and sears won because of a sale price ($800.00) and it is only 15 miles from my house. Every other option was a 2 to 4 hour drive. Got it unpacked today and started to put it together. I must say that I am impressed so far. All hardware is present, very well packaged and instructions are clear and concise. Table is dead flat, miter slots are clean cut with no burrs. Miter gage seems pretty functional but I will probably upgrade at some point. I will finish putting it together tommorow and send a update with some pictures. Hopefully everything will go as well as today went. Mainly wanted to say Hi & Happy New Year!!!

Joe Marotta
12-31-2006, 6:40 PM
Welcome, Larry,

I am more than a little jealous of you being able to enjoy New Year's Eve with a new toy. I myself am glued to the computer trying to make sure I have finished enough Continuing Professional Education courses to maintain my license. Nothing like waiting till the last minute.

The upside, of course is that I will have all day tomorrow to play in my shop without the hangover I would no doubt have if I was not studying!

Good luck making sawdust with your new purchase. And remember here at the creek, if you don't include pictures, it didn't happen!

Don Bullock
12-31-2006, 6:44 PM
Congratulations and welcome to the creek. It's interesting how many of us who are recently retired or, like me, are planning for retirement. Your new saw sounds great. I'm sure you'll be pleased with it.

Jim Becker
12-31-2006, 6:47 PM
Larry, welcome to the 'Creek and congratulations on your new saw!

Corey Hallagan
12-31-2006, 7:31 PM
Welcome Larry and enjoy that new saw!!

Corey

glenn bradley
12-31-2006, 8:27 PM
Congrats Larry and Welcome! A few of us here have that saw and I'm very happy with mine.