PDA

View Full Version : I got it, I got it....

john blanchard
12-31-2006, 4:30 PM
I don`t got it, this was my first bowl from a rough blank, just one more little touch up on a little tear out KABOOM :eek: :mad: pieces all over the place, could not find them all, oh well, its part of that experience thing you guys keep talking about, it was a nice piece of bermuda cedar about 4 inches accross.

Mark Pruitt
12-31-2006, 4:39 PM
That's a sick feeling and I hate it. Once I got so mad I took a piece of the broken bowl outside and drove it almost a foot into the ground with the blunt end of a hatchet.:mad:

The good news is, you probably learned something valuable and there is plenty more wood! Hang in there!

Christopher K. Hartley
12-31-2006, 5:01 PM
John, sorry about your bowl but been there done that!! A few times.:eek: Just glad you are in one piece.:)

Steve Schlumpf
12-31-2006, 5:18 PM
Hey - half of it is still good!

Hope you are having fun during your vacation!

John Hart
01-01-2007, 7:03 AM
Yup...I had one yesterday too....A 10" tall vase of absolutely gorgeous wood. Went a little thin on the hollowing....BOOM!!!! Anger ensued.:o I sympathize with your loss.

Tom Sherman
01-01-2007, 9:36 AM
John, the good thing is there does'nt apear to be any blood on the pieces, deffinate bummer though, was looking good.

Ken Fitzgerald
01-01-2007, 9:41 AM
John.........Welcome to the world of turning wood! Sorry it happened but it won't be the last.....