PDA

View Full Version : New Year's Celebration

Carl Eyman
12-31-2006, 1:36 PM
What is everyone doing to celebrate 2007? Feel free to join us, Leslie and Carl. I just put a bottle of champagne on ice - feel free to use your beverage of choice. We are going to toast all of our friends here on SMC as well as other friends around the country at Midnight Puerto Rican Time - 10:00PM CST. We'd be asleep if we waited for two hours. So Happy New Year All You Good Friends

Karl Laustrup
12-31-2006, 1:56 PM
We are going to toast all of our friends here on SMC as well as other friends around the country at Midnight Puerto Rican Time - 10:00PM CST. We'd be asleep if we waited for two hours.

That sounds like a great idea Carl. :D Even with all the grand-kids here, who have been told by Grandma that they can stay up as long as they want, I'm more than likely gonna be down before the big hour. :o

Wait, maybe I'll just celebrate now. It must be the stroke of midnight somewhere in eastern China or somewhere like that.

Karl

John Miliunas
12-31-2006, 3:24 PM
Well, we're victims of tradition. We'll do the same as we have for the last dozen or so NY's Eve celebrations: Have a nice dinner at home, then watch some TV. If the spirit leads us in that direction, we might enjoy a glass of Bailey's somewhere during the TV watching. Long about 10:00 or so, the LOML will head off to bed. I will follow her steps about an hour later. :) We'll both wake up in the morning and it will be a fresh year. :D

I will admit, this year will be a bit more joy filled than usual. Exactly a year ago today, I came back from the hospital, having literally been on my death bed just 24 hours previous. The tail end of '05 almost proved fatal to yours truly so, I think ringing out '06, alive and well, may truly deserve that Bailey's! :D :cool:

Ron Journeau
12-31-2006, 5:03 PM
Gotta get up at o4hoo antway to go to work, so will be tucking myself in pretty early. Already into a bottle of Argentinian wine..not too shabby. Happy New year to all, and as they say in the old movies...ain't no place like home..the Creek, that is

Joe Pelonio
12-31-2006, 5:38 PM
Our tradition started when the kids were young, toasting with rootbeer floats at midnight, and watching the fireworks on TV from the Space Needle in Seattle.

Now they are 26, 21, and 19. The oldest and her boyfriend went up to Vancouver, B.C., and the other two will still hang with us for the floats.

The other thing we do is I make homade donuts on New Year's morning. That one started back in the 60's when I was a kid and started to take help my Mom make them.

Jackie Outten
12-31-2006, 6:18 PM
Keith and I will be spending the evening with Kathy, Jess, Aaron, and Keith's dad (Keith Sr.). We'll be toasting the new year with sparkling grape juice and lots of good eats.

From our house to yours; Our hope is that 2007 brings you good health and much happiness.

Happy New Year!!!!!!!

Jackie

Mitchell Andrus
12-31-2006, 6:24 PM
Cards with friends - Shanghai Rummy.

Happy New Year, y'all.

Mitch

Jim Becker
12-31-2006, 6:29 PM
The girls claim they are going to stay up for the "ball drop"...we'll see... ;)

Dr. SWMBO is making pizza "as we speak"...if you didn't know it, bread machines make outstanding pizza dough!

skip coyne
12-31-2006, 6:48 PM
home again , there was a concert we where looking forward to but he got sick and had to cancel nothing else really woth spending the time and money on .

http://www.reverendbilly.com/

Dennis Peacock
12-31-2006, 6:49 PM
For us, it's:

Junk food night.!!!!!! Since we don't do junkfood any other time at our home:

Pizza Rolls, Cheese sticks, jalapeno popers, various chips and dips, and summer sausage with cheese and crackers.

Then it's off to bed. I have to pick up the "oncall duty" tomorrow morning at 8AM.!!!! :mad: :(