PDA

View Full Version : What the Heck is Moxie

Bob Hallowell
12-31-2006, 1:29 AM
I know Andy like to drink it by the way he mentions it so much but what is it. Is it a moxie moron or what?

Bob

Lee DeRaud
12-31-2006, 1:42 AM
More than you really want to know: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moxie

Jon Shively
12-31-2006, 1:46 AM
Bob, thanks for asking and Lee thanks for the great link to a substantial answer!

Bob Hallowell
12-31-2006, 2:07 AM
Huh, It's made in Pa and I never heard of it. Must be great stuff!

Bob

Dennis Peacock
12-31-2006, 6:53 AM
Huh, It's made in Pa and I never heard of it. Must be great stuff!

Bob

Reminds me of mineral spirits mixed with orange soda. :p

Jim Dunn
12-31-2006, 9:39 AM
I think in Andy's case it's "Fire Water" mixed in one of those cheesey little glasses with a small umbrella and an olive and other bits of fruit. Or it could be straight up. Probably depends on whether or not he's in the shop.

Lee DeRaud
12-31-2006, 10:46 AM
Reminds me of mineral spirits mixed with orange soda. :pThe "Angonstura bitters mixed with rootbeer" description in Wikipedia is what scared me off:
if accurate, it means the stuff tastes like a mixture of two things I really don't like. :eek:

Chip Olson
01-02-2007, 3:32 PM
I'm quite fond of the stuff, even if it does taste like Dr. Pepper with a shot of Windex.

Carl Eyman
01-02-2007, 4:15 PM
These two products were advertized along the roadside more than any others when I was a kid. (Yeah roads were invented by then) I used to like Moxie, but didn't try Barbarsol - wasn't old enough to shave. Next time I'm in Maine or PA will have to see if I still like it.

Jim DeLaney
01-02-2007, 4:19 PM
These two products were advertized along the roadside more than any others when I was a kid....didn't try Barbarsol - wasn't old enough to shave. ...

Carl,
Are you sure it was Barbisol? I recall it being BURMASHAVE.

Lou Morrissette
01-02-2007, 4:54 PM
These two products were advertized along the roadside more than any others when I was a kid. (Yeah roads were invented by then) I used to like Moxie, but didn't try Barbarsol - wasn't old enough to shave. Next time I'm in Maine or PA will have to see if I still like it.

Carl,

If you want some, I can buy it here on the Cape. :D

Lou