PDA

View Full Version : Good job Dewalt Service Center

Dave Falkenstein
12-30-2006, 3:11 PM
I posted a week or so ago about a brush problem with my Dewalt 12 volt cordless drill/driver. The model I have is 1/2" chuck with three speeds, so it is not a throwaway. I priced a new one at Amazon at $169 with 2 batteries and a charger. I took the drill to the local Dewalt Service Center and they rebuilt it. From the exterior I can see a new chuck, new clutch and new speed switch. This thing has been totally rebuilt!!! For $79. Since I did not need/want more batteries or another charger (I have several Dewalt 12 volt tools and lots of batteries), this price seemed to me to be a super deal. Good job, Dewalt!!!

Corey Hallagan
12-30-2006, 3:41 PM
Good news indeed! Glad it worked out for you!

Corey

Alfred Clem
12-31-2006, 12:16 PM
When something goes wrong, all of us tend to get sore about it and bellyache out loud. I know I do.

But when something goes right, it seems to me that it is only fair that we tell the world about good service, good products, good warranties, etc.

A cheerful answer, a quick response, a rock-solid piece of good workmanship -- those are the marks of a person or company that deserves to keep our business. Glad, David, that you had just such an experience.

Back when I was in business and before I retired, our firm had a motto that went something like this: "Before everything else, treasure the relationship -- lose a buck or two on a deal, but keep the relationship. It's the relationship that feeds us all."

Al Clem
Sedona, AZ