PDA

View Full Version : Walnut Handled Screw Driver....

Corey Hallagan
12-30-2006, 11:08 AM
I made this from one of the Rockler Kits that are avaialble. Fun project. Thanks to Chris Barton for his help. We have my side of the family Christmas on New Years Day and this is a gift for my dad ( along with a pen and case I made earlier ). I gave my brother a pen for his birthday and my dad said "Where's Mine"? ....so he will like it.
The only thing I do not like about the kit is that the bits are not standard sized double ended like Stanley etc. On a qwest to fine additional bits or and adapter that will hold regular bits.
Corey
http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f288/challagan/WalnutScrewDriver2.jpg
http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f288/challagan/WalnutScrewDriver1.jpg

David Fried
12-30-2006, 11:19 AM
That looks really sweet! Great gift. The color of the wood goes well with the ferrule which ties in with the bits. I know I would love getting one as a gift.

Ernie Nyvall
12-30-2006, 11:36 AM
Nice job Corey. I bet he likes it very much.

Tom Sherman
12-30-2006, 11:37 AM
Pretty cool Corey, I've seen these and wondered about them. Looks like a worth while project.

Chris Barton
12-30-2006, 11:45 AM
That looks very nice Corey! You did a good job with the pictures as well. I wish I were better at the staging and have been thinking that would be my excuse for buying a new camera...:rolleyes:

Corey Hallagan
12-30-2006, 12:15 PM
Thanks all, I appreciate it. Chris, I use a little 199.00 Kodak digital I got at Office Max. The key is to just take a little time practicing shots and finding out what lighting gives you the best options and using the macro setting for close ups. I take my shots in on my workbench in the shop which has lousey lighting. I sometimes use a halogen worklight mounted in my vise. These shots had no additional lights, just a combination of the shop lights and the natural coming in the window. Chris you should recognize the back drop, it's one of my wifes older scrubs that I cut up. I keep it handy to just throw it down and makes for a quick, non comfusing background.

Corey

Steve Schlumpf
12-30-2006, 1:42 PM
Really nice job Corey! Love the overall color of the piece!

Darren Landis
12-30-2006, 3:27 PM
great ideas i'm really learning alot

Nancy Laird
12-30-2006, 3:40 PM
Corey, I really like this--it's been added to my "project ideas" list!

Nancy

Keith Burns
12-30-2006, 4:08 PM
Great piece Corey ! Love the shape of the handle. I am sure your Dad will be pleased and proud to recieve it, I know I would.

Bernie Weishapl
12-30-2006, 4:42 PM
Your dad will love it Corey. I like the form and finish. Of course you know me and walnut. I like that project. Where did you get them from?

Dennis Peacock
12-30-2006, 4:54 PM
Corey,
That's a real keeper for sure!! Nice work and beautiful screwdriver. :cool:

Corey Hallagan
12-30-2006, 5:58 PM
Thanks guys. Bernie, this is the Rockler kit, PSI makes one as well.

Corey

Barry Stratton
12-30-2006, 6:38 PM
That is a nice looking tool, Corey! It looks like it would be real comfortable "in hand"!!!

Your back must be better if you are turning, glad to see it. Hows the kitchen remodel coming?

Christopher K. Hartley
12-30-2006, 7:49 PM
Corey, he is really going to like this. Bice Job!:)

Jim Becker
12-30-2006, 8:16 PM
I use a similar commercial offering in my shop (and have one in the house, too) for any and nearly all non-square drive needs. I think I'm going to have to turn at least one of these sometime to "kick them up a notch" over the un-impressive red plastic handles! That's really beautiful, Corey!