PDA

View Full Version : Bolt pattern for the palmgren/craftsman help

Bob Hallowell
12-30-2006, 10:35 AM
Guys,
I am building my table for the lathe the should be here tues or weds. I was wondering if someone could measure the bolt patern. Lenght and width would be nice but I am more concerned on the width I can slide it up or down on the table but want a joist running the lenght and need to know were to stick it :D BTW I have been told where to stick it many times before!

Bob

Jon Shively
12-30-2006, 1:12 PM
Bob, I have a 15" Craftsman lathe, don't really understand what you are asking as the other name I am not familiar with. What I did was bolt mine to a pair of 4X4's that run length wise. Am working in the garage this winter, am moving the rest of the farrowing equipment out of the end of one of our barns and next year will be moving all of my wood equipment into that area. I have an old Craftsman table saw that I put the 4X4's across and then put the lathe on top and lag screwed it on and C clamped the 4X4's to the table saw. Might seem high for some, but have a back that aches from shoeing horses since 1977. Need anything more specific let me know and will measure when out there this afternoon and be able to reply with width and length between centers of hold down holes. Oh, one other thing I will do, I didn't spread the 4X4's apart, will do so then some of the shavings won't pile up under the bed so bad, will make an angle that tips off to the side so waste doesn't fall on my dog that lays in front of my feet.

Bob Hallowell
12-30-2006, 1:35 PM
Thanks Jon,
What I am looking for is the distance on the lathe it's self

Thanks, Bob

Jon Shively
12-30-2006, 2:11 PM
Yep, looks similar to mine except mine is gray instead of blue. Will get those posted here in a little while so you can do something yet today.

Jon Shively
12-30-2006, 2:42 PM
Bob, from center of hole to center of hole length wise = 47 1/2".

Width wise = 6 1/2".

Hope this helps. Will look and see if your email is available on your profile and PM you with this information also.

Rex Guinn
12-30-2006, 2:44 PM
Bob;
Here is the dim. I got from sending an e-mail to Palmegren.
The 84315 lathe bed has a bench-top footprint of 58-5/8" x 7-1/2"
The bolt pattern is 47-5/8" x 6-3/4" (2-1/2" from tailstock end)
Pls note that you will need additional air space left and right of the
foot print for the head and tailstock respectively.
The base to center line is 11 1/2"

Bob Hallowell
12-31-2006, 1:18 AM
thanks Guys,
That's what I needed.

Bob