PDA

View Full Version : My latest project...(Pictures updated)

Tim Brooks
12-29-2006, 8:21 PM
Well, it has taken me way too long to get these finished up but they are finally complete. In the event you can't tell, they are offering bags for the church I attend. These pictures are not the best but hopefully you will get the idea. Constructive criticism is always welcome; however, I know these are very novice looking.

I had a friend of mine sew the bags for me. The frames are oak. The carrier is constructed of pine (for the sake of weight) but the top, handle and latch are oak as well. I had to hand carve the handle as my Bosch router took a dump on me just before I was getting ready to make it. :mad: Everything is finished with Minwax Red Oak and clear poly.

Thanks for looking...

Jim Becker
12-29-2006, 8:33 PM
Tim, that's really interesting...I've never seen something like that. Great idea and definitely kewel on the storage side of things as compared to large platters and plates.

Sam Chambers
12-29-2006, 9:14 PM
Tim, that's a very cool idea! I had never thought of offering "bags". (My church is at the opposite end of the spectrum, using plastic buckets.)

Jack Ferrell
12-29-2006, 9:43 PM
I really like this project. Seems well thought out and nice looking. I like the bag idea too. Well done Tim.

Dan Oliphant
12-29-2006, 9:59 PM
Good job Tim, I'm sure they will be used for quite a long period of time.

Roy Wall
12-29-2006, 11:02 PM
Tim -

Nice work and great idea.......

I've just looked at the one project on SMC that has the greatest return for the money!!!!:)

Larry Fox
12-29-2006, 11:07 PM
Wow - that is very very cool. Great idea and great execution.