PDA

View Full Version : Scrollsaw Stand Question

Adam Bauer
12-29-2006, 4:19 PM
I've got a Craftsman 216100 model scrollsaw (almost identical to the current 216010). Anyhow, I'd like to get a stand for it but can't find one listed on the sears website and havn't seen a stand from any of the other companies that seems to fit. Does anybody know of a good stand that will fit this model or would I just be better off putting it on a self made wooden stand/table or my workbench?

Jack Ferrell
12-29-2006, 11:01 PM
Adam, all kinds of things you can do. I bought this (http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/displayitem.taf?Itemnumber=42986) grinder stand, cut out a plywood piece a little wider than the saw so I could lay stuff on it while working. I pretty much kept it flush to the front of the saw so it wouldn't get in the way. I then layed some carpet (an old car floor mat) on the plywood to help dampen the vibration.
I liked the grinder stand because I could easily put my legs under the saw and get up close (bad eyes.) It was a quick put together that has worked for me. You could get fancier and make something with a drawer or two.
You might like to go to scrollsawer.com and check out them out if you haven't already done so. Good luck.

Corey Hallagan
12-30-2006, 12:30 AM
Adam, not sure what happened to my earlier post but anyway, Delta makes a couple stands I think for scroll saws. I would put a 3/4 piece of plywood and bolt it to that. If you have room for a stand I would definitely put it on a stand. Sears use to sell a couple stands for various tools. I had one that was made for belt/disk sanders, scroll saws etc. Do the same with the plywood. Hope this helps.

Corey