PDA

View Full Version : Allow me to introduce myself...

Steven Blunt
12-29-2006, 11:53 AM
Hi Everyone,
I've been a lurker for a little while, but spend most of my time over at the WWA. I live in upstate NY near Rochester and have been woodworking as a hobby for a couple of years. I'm married and have three children who are three and under, so I haven't had as much time to woodwork as I'd like. Except for a table saw and planer, I tend to try to use hand tools as much as possible, and similar to all woodworkers, I don't have nearly enough hand tools...:D Here are some of the projects that I've worked on. I hope that you enjoy them. Glad to be on-board.

Here's a mantle that I worked on for my brother in law. It's maple with a custom water dye and poly/blo mix.

The next one is a jewelry box that I made for my wife. It's BEye and Curly Maple, and Paduak (I think) with a poly/blo mix and final top-coat of wax.

Here's a detail shot of the closure for the jewelry box.

Here's the latest box that I made - again for my wife. It's an organizer from the latest edition of WoodSmith. Cherry and Curly Maple with a poly/blo mix. I still need to add a wax top-coat to smooth it out some. This is the first time that I created something from a formal plan, which was interesting. Took me two long nights and got it done in time for Christmas.

And finally, the organizer open..

Jim Becker
12-29-2006, 11:58 AM
Welcome to the 'Creek, Steven! Wow, that is great work, too...keep it coming!

Don Bullock
12-29-2006, 12:14 PM
Welcome. Nice work.

Nancy Laird
12-29-2006, 12:18 PM
Wow, Steven, beautiful work. I especially like the little organizer box.

Welcome to the Creek!

Nancy

Roy Wall
12-29-2006, 12:35 PM
Steven - Welcome to SMC! You are a talented and skilled craftsman-- excellent work! Love the designs....I can never think of stuff like this!

Steven Blunt
12-29-2006, 12:48 PM
Here's a couple of additional detail shots....

glenn bradley
12-29-2006, 1:10 PM
Welcome! You'll like it here. Those are some fine pieces of work.