PDA

View Full Version : Baltic Birch

Joe Marotta
12-29-2006, 11:15 AM
Anyone know a good place to find large boards of Baltic Birch plywood in Central Virginia (Lynchburg)?

I can get smaller boards (12" x 24") at the local Michaels, or an hour trip to Roanoke will score me some medium sized boards (24" x 30") at Woodcraft, but a few plans I am looking at call for 60" x 60" boards, and I don't know where to start looking. The local Borg does not carry Baltic Birch.

Any thoughts? I have some Christmas $$$ burning a hole in my pocket and want to stock up on some lumber.

"Gary Smith"
12-29-2006, 8:13 PM
There use to be a Allied plywood near Winchester VA that sold 60"x60" Baltic Birch Ply.

Hicksvlle lumber in ClearSpring Md also sells it and they sell all kinds of dried hardwood rough lumber at a even better price! They are mentioned often on these boards from folks in the DC, VA, PA and MD areas.

Craig Chappelow
12-30-2006, 12:33 AM
HAve you tried Steve Wall Lumber? He is about 60-90 minutes south of you in Madison, NC. I have had good luck with his BB ply.

Ted Baca
12-30-2006, 1:02 AM
You might try contacting a local cabinet shop and ask where they get theirs. They may be willing to sell a few sheets. Years ago before I had any catalogs to order from I purchased some drawer glides from a local shop.

Charles McKinley
12-30-2006, 11:28 AM
Hi Joe,

Do a search for Apple Ply. I think they have a distributor list on their web site. Apple Ply comes in 4X8 sheets though.