PDA

View Full Version : Antique Tool Calendar

Keith Outten
11-14-2003, 7:47 PM
Many of our new members may have missed the web page we setup with pictures of antique tools. If you are interested here is the link;

http://www.sawmillcreek.org/tools/

The original images were published in the Manufacturer and Builder newspaper published in the mid to late 1800's. I have enough pictures to put together a SawMill Creek calendar for 2004, with high resolution pictures of these beautiful antique tools and our logo. The web page above has pictures of woodworking and metalworking tools, I would only use pictures and descriptive text of woodworking tools for the SawMill Creek calendar.

I contacted a local company today and the price per calendar would be about 20 dollars (plus S&H) if anyone is interested. If we ordered in quantity the price would go down, I won't know how much until Monday. Even if there are just a few people interested we can still have these calendars made. All calendars would have to be prepaid before we order.

Let me know if you would be interested in one of these calendars but please don't respond unless you are serious. I will put together a sample picture this weekend and post it here for all to view. These would make a nice Christmas gift and this could be volume one of a collectors series in the years to come :)

Glenn Clabo
11-14-2003, 8:25 PM
Sign me up!

Bruce Page
11-14-2003, 11:42 PM
keith, I'd like one too.

Keith Outten
11-15-2003, 8:30 AM
Here is the picture I will use as a sample Monday when I visit Kinko's. I'm sure they will have their own calendar section but this is the look I hope to end up with.

Glenn Clabo
11-15-2003, 9:11 AM
Outstanding Keith! Your usual class act.

Jim Becker
11-15-2003, 10:08 AM
I would buy one...

Jason Roehl
11-15-2003, 12:01 PM
Keith,

Just one question. Does that $20 include "a little something for yourself"? You guys put plenty of time and effort into this place, and if you're selling items like the calendar, you certainly deserve a little return on investment....

I have to ask my financial secretary (LOML) if I'm interested in this, but will let you know. :D

Byron Trantham
11-15-2003, 1:14 PM
I want one too. :D

Lloyd Brown
11-15-2003, 2:03 PM
How big will they be ? I like ones you can write on (CRS desease).

Keith Outten
11-15-2003, 5:56 PM
Jason,

Nope, the price I got from Kinko's was $19.95 each, there would be a price break if we order a couple hundred. I will only add the shipping costs, the calendar is a non-profit deal.

Lloyd,

I'm not sure about the size, I should have all the final details Monday, I also prefer the large calendars for notes. I kept the tool picture clutter free so they could be framed, they are about a half meg each so the quality should be excellent.

Spence DePauw
11-15-2003, 8:49 PM
Sign me up for one (each year...)

Spence

Dan McLaughlin
11-15-2003, 8:56 PM
Keith At least one possibly two depending on size

Jeff Ward
11-16-2003, 7:40 PM
I'll take one also.

Bob Jensen
11-18-2003, 7:15 AM
I want one also, thanks

Ted Owen
11-18-2003, 7:59 AM
Please sign me up for one also, Keith. Thanks.

Best, Ted

Mark Katz
11-18-2003, 10:30 AM
Well, most message boards discourage "Me too" posts but this seems appropriate, so "Me too"

Roger Fitzsimonds
11-18-2003, 1:35 PM
Sign me up for one also

Roger

Bobby Hatfield
11-18-2003, 2:41 PM
Here is the picture I will use as a sample Monday when I visit Kinko's. I'm sure they will have their own calendar section but this is the look I hope to end up with.

Keith them itty bitty numbers is too small to see with these old eyes, they got some bigger ?
I will need two calenders. Bobby

Jay Sullivan
11-18-2003, 4:47 PM
Me too.

Jay

Larry Guthrie
11-19-2003, 8:23 AM
I'll take one also.

Keith Outten
11-19-2003, 4:42 PM
I stopped by Kinko's yesterday and looked at their calendar layouts. The largest folding calendar is basically two 8.5" by 11" sheets so the picture will go at the top and the calendar at the bottom.

Aaron has agreed to help me put together all of the pictures and text for each woodworking machine. I believe that Aaron said he had some additional ideas for the calendar as well so we'll have to wait and see how creative he has been :)

There is a 20% discount if we order 20 calendars or more.

Bobby :) The calendar portion is a full sheet so the numbers should be large enough if you don't leave your glasses on the table saw like I do :p The sample picture above was a snapshot of the SawMill Creek Forums Calendar, the look of the final product will be a little different.

John Preston
11-19-2003, 8:17 PM
Charge that 25.00 to my Mastercard.

Brad Schafer
11-19-2003, 9:41 PM
i'll take one too, Keith.

b

Mark Katz
12-17-2003, 11:47 AM
Any news on the status of this?

Keith Outten
12-17-2003, 3:12 PM
Mark,

Yep, you caught me and I'm running late getting the photos to Kinko's. I hope to make a small first order on Friday.

Send me a check if you want a calendar, there is no profit in these folks, Kinko's charges $19.95 each plus shipping should be about $24.00 for each calendar.

SawMill Creek
C/O Hampton Roads Online
1213-H George Washington Memorial Highway
Yorktown, Va. 23693

Make all checks payable to Hampton Roads Online.

Bruce Page
12-17-2003, 7:48 PM
Send me a check if you want a calendar, there is no profit in these folks, Kinko's charges $19.95 each plus shipping should be about $24.00 for each calendar.

Thanks Keith, the check's in the mail!

If you drink, don’t drive. Don’t even putt. — Dean Martin

Ken Garlock
12-17-2003, 8:18 PM
Sign me up also

Ron Smith ... Richmond, VA
12-17-2003, 9:17 PM
Many of our new members may have missed the web page we setup with pictures of antique tools. If you are interested here is the link;
Let me know if you would be interested in one of these calendars but please don't respond unless you are serious. I will put together a sample picture this weekend and post it here for all to view. These would make a nice Christmas gift and this could be volume one of a collectors series in the years to come :)

If only you had a picture of the antique Laser Engraver in there ...

Michael Cody
12-17-2003, 10:58 PM

I contacted a local company today and the price per calendar would be about 20 dollars (plus S&H) if anyone is interested. If we ordered in quantity the price would go down, I won't know how much until Monday. Even if there are just a few people interested we can still have these calendars made. All calendars would have to be prepaid before we order.

I will take 2 -- tell me where/how to pay...