PDA

View Full Version : America's Premier Mobile Merchant and Air Compressors

Jeff Watson
02-26-2003, 3:54 PM
Hi all, long time lurker from the pond. I know the subject of air compressors have been beaten to death in the various woodworking forums. My questions is does anyone have any experience with the cheap (under a $100) pancake air compressors sold at "America's Premier Mobile Merchant" They are in town over the weekend and I was thinking of picking one of these up to use with my nailer for a couple of years until I develop a larger need.

Thanks

Eddie Severt
02-26-2003, 4:04 PM
Jeff,
I haven't bought an air compressor from them, but the tools I do have with their name on them have been allright. They don't have the polish and I'm sure they won't last as long as name brands, but they are good for the occassional user until you see if you are going to use it enough to justify a better tool. Not affiliated, just my 2 cents.

Ken Wright
02-26-2003, 9:25 PM
I inherited one of those 3 years ago when my F-I-L passed. He had it for about 5 years and bought it from a mobile merchant. He had used it primarily with his nail gun. Knowing him ... it probably was only fired up when he was shooting nails into something so it probably had limited use in those years ....

It stays on in my shop all the time along side my big one ... used primarily to blow dust out of the way and off of me ..drives nails well and still runs strong so I really can't fault it ....