PDA

View Full Version : corel/epilog problem

James Rambo
12-28-2006, 9:47 PM
Can anyone tell me what this problems solution is? When I try to make the same name tags in CorelDraw11 that I used to make in 9 and I try to cut it out of the upper left hand corner of plastic, print tells me that it does not fit on media. Is there some kind of a border that I created because, I can not find how to delete it?
The border(?) seems to be about .125".

Dave Jones
12-28-2006, 10:30 PM
1 - is the size of the page in Corel the same size as the "paper" size in the printer driver?

2 - Is there anything in the drawing that goes outside the edge of the "page" in Corell, even by .001"? (even something white?)

Mike Null
12-29-2006, 8:35 AM
If you go to your "view" drop down and set it for simple wireframe you'll be able to see if there is an outline causing your problem.

The other option is to open "object manager" and check all elements of your drawing from that. If there is something there that doesn't belong you can delete it.

When I've had the problem it's been because I was trying to run my drawing against the page border and the outline extended over it .

Dave's suggestion is one you should check as it can be a problem for those who drag their 0-0 position to the corner of the page rather than adjusting the 0-0 position in the settings.

James Rambo
01-02-2007, 10:55 PM
Sorry for not answering sooner but with the Holidays and my day job I could not get the time to. I looked into the sugestions and nothing is beyond or off the page. If I adjust until everything is working I need tobe .133 inches from the edge top and left. It is driving me nutty.

Ray Palleschi
01-03-2007, 10:01 PM
James,

Check to see if you may have created hidden objects off the page.

I had a similar problem some time ago and found I had moved/put a real small object off the page while moving it around.

Also, I agree that sometimes if the page size in corel is the same size as in your epilog driver setup you will occaisonally get some strange error messages.

Ray

Sorry for not answering sooner but with the Holidays and my day job I could not get the time to. I looked into the sugestions and nothing is beyond or off the page. If I adjust until everything is working I need tobe .133 inches from the edge top and left. It is driving me nutty.

James Rambo
01-04-2007, 10:10 PM
I reduced the magnification of the page (32" x20") to 50% so Icould see the page and everything around it. Marquee selected the size of the screen (page and all area around the page and there was nothing selected hidden or visable. now because there was nothing on the page it brings up another problem. I must bring all objects on the page in from the edges of the page at least 0.133" or it doesn't print (engrave) the edges of the object. It is very confusing and time consuming trying to fix something that never happened before.

Roy Brewer
01-04-2007, 11:57 PM
Is there some kind of a border that I created because, I can not find how to delete it?
The border(?) seems to be about .125".

James,

A few thoughts:
1. The Legend does not have borders. It will print the absolute edges of the 32" x 20"
2. The Legend (not Legend EX or newer models) will, under certain circumstances, have scaling issues. I recommend that you not use a page size of 32x20, but rather the size of your actual object and see if that eliminates your issue.
3. Corel 11 will, 50% of the time, say "will not fit on media" if you have objects touching the extremes of your printer size (i.e., 0, 32, 20) in your case)

Dean Flannery
01-05-2007, 3:14 PM
I have a similar problem with my epilog Radius running windows XP and corel draw X3, I have to change the layout to "upper left corner" from "center" then it prints okay.

Originally Posted by Roy Brewer
"2. The Legend (not Legend EX or newer models) will, under certain circumstances, have scaling issues. I recommend that you not use a page size of 32x20, but rather the size of your actual object and see if that eliminates your issue."

I talked to a epilog service rep when I started having this problem and he told me the Radius and Legend have encoders with odd numbering whereas the print drivers were written for even numbering and that causes a small error ( ie the print driver tells the servo to move 100 steps but the encoder can only go 99 or 101 steps)

Dean