PDA

View Full Version : Small Tool Exchange Gloat

glenn bradley
12-28-2006, 8:44 PM
I had posted about a $99 PC 19.2v drill that I picked up with some xmas gift cards. I decided that while a very nice drill with lots of power; the non-lith batteries just made it too heavy for use around the shop. I guess I'm too used to my more nimble 9.6ers. Since I have corded drills for use when I need more power I did the only logical thing . . .

Returned it and picked up a Bosch VS Colt. ;-)

Corey Hallagan
12-28-2006, 8:59 PM
The Colt is nice Glenn, I test drove it today and did some round overs. I am considering getting a Pat Warner base for it, I have a set of his bases for my DW618 and they are great. I think this router will be great for small grooving, round overs and especially for my templay inlay work. I just wish Bosch would make a plunge base for it, I am not laying out 200.00 plus for the micro fence one. Congrats!

Corey

glenn bradley
12-28-2006, 9:38 PM
Thanks Corey. Good info on the bases. I was almost put off by the proprietary guide bushing hole size Bosch chose but thought I would make a base to cure that. Pat always gets good reviews and lives close by. I think I'll go that way.

Corey Hallagan
12-28-2006, 9:41 PM
Glen, Bosch does make a base that accepts PC style bushings as well. I think it sells on Amazon for about 9.99. but Pat's bases are heads above thes in my opinion. Hope this helps.

Corey

Dick Rowe
12-29-2006, 6:23 AM
Glenn,

I purchased both the large round and offset base for the Colt from Pat a while back.

Both are cut for PC bushings and both are of excellent quality.

I have to admit that 95% of the time I have the offset base on the unit and it really does make a great tool even better.

If you only plan on getting one base, I would recommend the offset unit from Pat.