PDA

View Full Version : low cost chip burshes

lou sansone
12-28-2006, 3:38 PM
hi guys
thought I would pass on company that I just found that has great prices on inexpensive chip brushes, plus free shipping till the end of the month. I really like using 1 and 1.5 inch chip brushes for a variety of jobs in the shop and usually pay 50 cents each for them. this place has better quality brushes and they cost 21 to 25 cents each. I ordered them yesterday and they came today. very good quality for what I use them for ( dye, glue, paint and shellac ).

the company is part of torrington brush company in torrington ct

google "brushes wholesale" and you will fine it

lou

Jim Dunn
12-28-2006, 5:35 PM
Thanks Lou. I like the chip brush for use in the shop as well, but at 50cents apiece their pricey.

Jim Becker
12-28-2006, 5:44 PM
Ok...what's a "chip brush"....

Gary Keedwell
12-28-2006, 5:48 PM
[quote=lou sansone]hi guys
thought I would pass on company that I just found that has great prices on inexpensive chip brushes, plus free shipping till the end of the month. I really like using 1 and 1.5 inch chip brushes for a variety of jobs in the shop and usually pay 50 cents each for them. this place has better quality brushes and they cost 21 to 25 cents each. I ordered them yesterday and they came today. very good quality for what I use them for ( dye, glue, paint and shellac ).

:confused: I googled it ...there are tons of them...which one is it?

Gary K.

John Gregory
12-28-2006, 5:49 PM

Jim,
Industrial grade inexpensive paint brushes. Makes nice dusters too. A throw away brush when you do not need a fine finish.

http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/displayitem.taf?Itemnumber=4181

Jim Becker
12-28-2006, 5:52 PM
Oh, ok...thanks for the HFT link. I grab a couple of them at the 'borg occasionally for things like painting Anchorseal on bowl blanks, etc.

Jeff Yates
12-28-2006, 5:56 PM
Try googling Torrington Brush Company

Matt Meiser
12-28-2006, 5:58 PM
I buy them at Harbor Freight all the time. They are great for anything you don't need a good finish on. A lot of times I even grab one to clean the paint out of the lip on the can and off the outside.

Wes Bischel
12-28-2006, 6:45 PM

Name comes from the metal working arena - unlike wood, you don't want to wipe away the chips with your hand - unless you like pain.:eek: :D

I also have been getting them at HF typically when they are on sale.

Lou, thanks for the heads-up. It looks like they have a lot of other nice products as well.

Wes

Tom Hamilton
12-28-2006, 7:07 PM
Thanks, Lou for the heads up. I've added them to my "preferred supplier list," :D and will place an order tomorrow.

FYI to Creekers, Rockler also offers their chip brushes for 50% off a couple times a year. $7 instead of $15 as I recall for 36 assorted sizes.

All the best, Tom

Dave Bureau
12-28-2006, 7:41 PM
Delaware Valley paint also has great prices.

lou sansone
12-28-2006, 9:46 PM
[quote=lou sansone]hi guys

:confused: I googled it ...there are tons of them...which one is it?

Gary K.

the url will be www . brusheswholesale . com

lou

Tom Hamilton
01-08-2007, 9:55 PM
Hi Creekers: A little update on this brush thread.

My order arrived today as ordered and better quality than I've seen from Rockler or Harbor Freight. I got two sizes, 1/2" and 1 1/2" for 27 cents each.

So, thanks for the heads-up, Lou, always nice to have a new source!

And they sent a catalog! Man, you have no idea the number, style and sizes of brushes these folks stock.

Best regards, Tom, in Houston, happily arranging his new brush inventory