PDA

View Full Version : Slimline Pen Variations **PICS**

Ken Salisbury
11-14-2003, 12:31 PM
While making some slimline style pens this week I tried some variations to make them or ornamated (idea stolen from Scott Greeves :D).

I decided to turn some round rings at each end of the 2 parts so the pen would be thicker in the middle and taper to the ends so as to make it more substantial. I turned the rings such that the gold center ring can either be left on or taken off for a totally different look to the pen. When removed the pen looks like one continuous piece of wood.

Roger Fitzsimonds
11-14-2003, 12:55 PM
that looks like a great idea. Good work Ken

Julie Wright
11-14-2003, 9:04 PM
I think those are really neat. What kind of wood did you use?
Thanks for sharing.
:) :)

While making some slimline style pens this week I tried some variations to make them or ornamated (idea stolen from Scott Greeves :D).

I decided to turn some round rings at each end of the 2 parts so the pen would be thicker in the middle and taper to the ends so as to make it more substantial. I turned the rings such that the gold center ring can either be left on or taken off for a totally different look to the pen. When removed the pen looks like one continuous piece of wood.

Ken Salisbury
11-15-2003, 9:29 AM
The ones shown in the photo are walnut, cocobola and bloodwood.

I think those are really neat. What kind of wood did you use?
Thanks for sharing.
:) :)

Dan McGuire
11-15-2003, 9:54 AM
I really like the looks of the pens, I really like the look when the gold center band is removed. Good work!!

Scott Greaves
11-15-2003, 11:55 PM
Ken!

Those are very cool pens! I think I like them better without the centerband - the seam just disappears between the two beads. Very nice!

Scott.