PDA

View Full Version : Weekend doins?

Bob Lasley
11-14-2003, 9:30 AM
Good Friday Morning All,

From looking at Jim's post about Christmas presents I've got an inkling alot of you are going to be working on items for the Jolly Ol' Elf to deliver. I will be doing that Sunday afternoon, I hope. Saturday will be spent wrapping up the cabinet making class I have been teaching every evening this week, except Monday. Sunday morning, I promised LOML would be spent with her, which could easily stretch into Sunday afternoon.

So, will Xmas project production be in high gear in your shop this weekend or do you have other plans?

Have a great weekend everyone,
Bob

Terry Hatfield
11-14-2003, 9:44 AM
In a word....FOOTBALL!!!!!!!!

Springdale has to travel to Benton (200 plus miles) for the first round of the Ark. 5A playoff's tonite. Oh joy!!!! That means we will most likely be back home about 3 a.m. That sounds like a weekend ruiner if I ever heard of one. Hopefully it will be worth it with a WIN!!!!!

Maybe a bit of shop time on Sunday if I have recovered from Friday nite's game and journey.

Everyone have a fun and safe weekend,

Terry

BTW....forecast for Benton tonite....48 and rain..oh gee...that should be GREAT!!!...NOT!!!!

Kevin Gerstenecker
11-14-2003, 9:48 AM
It looks as if the weather will no be cooperating in this neck of the wood AGAIN this weekend, so the final yard work is on hold. Shop Cleaning and organizing is in order before the latest "frenzy" begins. Also, we are trying to decide whether or not to put up our annual Christmas Display this year. Sadly, we have had some vandalism in the past few years, so we may just decided to pass on it. Shame too, because the kids, big and small, really enjoy it, as do we. Oh well, the jury is still out on that..........we will have to see. Sunday, probably some shop time, Church and Football. Have a great weekend all!
(By the way, here is what our house USED to look like with our Christmas Display going.........LOTS of work to have idiots messing it up, but we always enjoyed doing it.)

Terry Hatfield
11-14-2003, 9:52 AM
Kevin,

OK, that's just CRAZY!!!!! :D Way too much work!!!! Cheryl always wants some lights put up and of course I do what I'm told, but that is nutzzzzzzz. :eek:

Terry

Kevin Gerstenecker
11-14-2003, 10:25 AM
Your not the first one to call the Display Nuts Terry! :D It was a labor of love............and many of the things were designed and built by me. I have designed and built several animated things that folks really like. I have a working Carousel, Teeter-Totter and Ferris Wheel that I built. They are powered by Gear Motors, and they are really cool. We entered our Display in an Internet Contest in 2000. We were in the Animated and Static Display Category, and we were surprised to see that we won 1st place...........there were over 400 entries nationwide. That was exciting, and we receive a nice plaque for our efforts. It may be a little nuts, but it is a fun nuts! ;) At the peak of our Display, I was drawing a little over 60 amps. I have all my exterior recepticles controlled with a lighting contactor and a digital timer............it is really something to see when the contactor kicks the entire display on at once. We may put it up again someday, just not sure if this is the year. Have a lot going on right now, so time may not allow it. Have a good weekend!

(Sorry about the poor Display Photo.......somewhere I have better pic's, I will have to dig some out and replace the one I posted.)

Terry Hatfield
11-14-2003, 10:28 AM
Kevin,

Way Cool!!!! Congrats!!!!! BUT......still nuts in my book. :D :D :D :D :D

Terry

Jim Becker
11-14-2003, 1:09 PM
I may get a little shop time in on Saturday after Dan picks up my old jointer, but I have a few "weatherizing" things to do on the house, too. Sunday, I'm off to Vegas for business meetings, so any real work will have to be the following weekend. I hate it when work interferes with important things...like making sawdust!

Dan McLaughlin
11-14-2003, 1:31 PM
I may get a little shop time in on Saturday after Dan picks up my old jointer, but I have a few "weatherizing" things to do on the house, too. Sunday, I'm off to Vegas for business meetings, so any real work will have to be the following weekend. I hate it when work interferes with important things...like making sawdust!

But Jim.... you may get lucky at the tables and win enough money to retire and make sawdust all the time ;)

Dan Smith
11-14-2003, 1:54 PM
As Jim said, I am picking up his old Jointer on Saturday <hidden gloat>, then plan on doing some finish samples of the piece I was asking advice on in an earlier post.

Looking forward to meeting you Jim, and since it looks like LOML is coming with me, I won't be able to take up too much of your time drooling over your tools and shop.

-dan

Jim Becker
11-14-2003, 3:03 PM
But Jim.... you may get lucky at the tables and win enough money to retire and make sawdust all the time

Well, when you consider that 1) I only have one "free" night all week and 2) I don't generally gamble (the occasional PowerBall ticket notwithstanding) ...that is unlikely. But I LIKE how you think! :D

John Miliunas
11-14-2003, 8:05 PM
Well, seeing as to how I spent the bulk of my weeknights out in the shop, putting up lights, a bit more organizing and making mods to the Biesemeyer splitter (to make it fit on the BW), I'm afraid it's a weekend destined for the "Honey-Do" list. :rolleyes: Hoping I can get away with emptying out another box or two and maybe another light fixture or so, but not holding my breathe on it... Have a great weekend all! :cool:

Matt Meiser
11-15-2003, 7:53 AM
We'll be moving all weekend. Yesterday afternoon I filled our 5x8 trailer once with just boxes from the shop. Then we made a second trip last night to move about 400 bd ft of oak into storage. First thing this morning is moving sheet goods. I know I have 3 3/4 sheets of MDF in there. Fun!

At least yesterday I got a chance to go to the John Deere dealer to drool over the compact tractors. I can't decide if green or orange is my favorite color. Blue also looks nice, but New Holland seems to be in rather dire financial condition.

Byron Trantham
11-15-2003, 1:25 PM
Working on Christmas presents and one paying job.