PDA

View Full Version : T2.Delta Fence

Bill Kay
12-28-2006, 7:28 AM
Hi,

I recently asked for opinions regarding a fence upgrade for my older Craftsman table saw. Mine is from the mid to late 80's with a cast iron top and wings. My choices, due to cost, were the Ridgid and the T2 Delta. Most folks seemed to like the T2 over the Ridgid. I bought the T2.

Here is the problem. Nothing lines up, the instructions are very poor and The photos and descriptions don't match the parts provided.

The craftsman table has three holes drilled in the front and rear edge which appear to be equally spaced. The rail for the T2 has 6 holes drilled. If you line up one hole the rest are mis-alligned by a large margin. I don't mind drilling a hole or two but I can't figure out exactly where to mount the rails so that everything will line up and the ruler on the fence will be close to correct. Has anyone out there sucessfully installed one of these fences on an older Craftsman? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,
Bill

Bryan Somers
12-28-2006, 11:34 AM
Bill I was one that was intersted in your progress as I was considering doing the same. Sorry I may not be much help here but there shouldnt be a problem drilling a few extra holes. As far as alignment maybe clamp the rail to the saw for a better feel on positioning. Also I seam to remember some folks talking about a forum on the sears tool website that may be of some help. Someone should chime in here that has upgraded a craftsman ts

glenn bradley
12-28-2006, 11:47 AM
Hi Bill. This won't fix your problem but, may help. Obviously bolt hole patterns on different saws are different. Many Craftsman saws (made by the same manufacturer) are the same. two of my C-man saws were Emerson made (part number begins with 113.) the other is an Orion (part number begins with OR) and the pattern is the same.

I had a little trouble with a Beisemeyer fence and it turned out to be the wrong part had been shipped; new part, everything lined up. Did the T-2 state that it fit your model saw? If so, Delta tech support should send you the correct rails. If the T-2 purchased was not specifically stated to fit your saw, you will have to modify.

Cast iron drill easily but there are generally reinforcement areas cast into the pieces that expect to support the bolted on product. I would drill the rails to fit or acquire the right rails if Delta does indeed match your saw. Bear in mind I'm saying this using a different C-man saw and a Beisemeyer fence as a reference point.

FWIW, I did not find a compatibility list on Delta's site which leads me to believe they expect the fence to be mounted to a Delta hole pattern.