PDA

View Full Version : Real newbie

Greg Kuzmeskus
12-27-2006, 11:52 PM
I have purchased a brand new 25 watt laser engraver. I have no clue how to run it. The manuel does not give much information
Is there a school or training ground where one can learn how to operate the XXX series. No the company I bought it from is not much help right now. The can't even send me the right manuels.:(

Keith Outten
12-28-2006, 5:36 AM
Greg,

Possibly a Mentor might be helpfull to someone just getting started with their first engraver. What make, model and manufacturer did you purchase and which city and state are you located?

I don't know of a training school but there are training DVD's available.

Joe Pelonio
12-28-2006, 7:39 AM
Tell where you are located, someone else nearby might be willing to come and spend a few hours with you. Even with a different make someone with experience would have a better chance of figuring it out.

Bob Yeager
12-28-2006, 10:34 AM
You can buy a tutorial cd on Amazon from linda.com and there is a book/cd available called Corel Draw X3 Unleashed. I these, because I didn't know squat about lasers or much about computers...slow steep learning curve...but making some progress.

Good luck in your new venture. I have had my laser for two weeks now.

Bob

Joe Pelonio
12-28-2006, 11:00 AM
It sounds like the trouble is more in using the laser itself than software, there are indeed good CD and book tutorials on Corel and other popular software, but in this case if he has software that came with the laser and it's not well documented it could take some time to figure it out. I guess the bottom line is that we need more details.

Kevin Huffman
12-28-2006, 4:20 PM
Hey Greg,
We offer Seminars on the GCC Laser engravers every 1st friday of the month. Starting Feb. it will be every first saturday of the month. You can call mitch to scheduale a spot for the class. It is no more than 10 people per class and it goes over the GCC Lasers along with the Laser Master 2/8 program.
We cover, maintanance, using the machine and software, we even have a 1 or 2 setup for specific how to's.
We would love to have you.

Mike Mackenzie
12-28-2006, 7:43 PM
Greg,

Where are you and what machine do you have? We also offer classes for our systems.

Greg Kuzmeskus
12-30-2006, 11:32 AM
Thanks for all the help guys.
I live in Yuma Arizona. The laser is a M-25 series pinnacle. I, am presently working with the company too try to make things work.

I belive the main problem is in the USB hookup. The male to female pins mesh ok ,but the holding screws are both male.
The info from the computer to the laser is sporadic at best. One time it the laser will receive info and the next time it will not. The connections are tight. I do know computers ( hold A+ and BS in computer science)
but this has me stumped.

Greg in Yuma Az.:cool:

Bob Yeager
12-30-2006, 1:30 PM
I have a new Epilog...when the tech hooked it up it wouldn't work on the USB cable set up. The Epilog also came with an Ethernet cable hookup...he switch over to this cable...presto...the laser worked like a charm. He couldn't explain why the USB wouldn't work.

Bob

Doug Hoffman
12-30-2006, 3:16 PM
Just wondering if you tried another USB cable? I just sold a large format printer.I printed out a 48"x 60" print to demonstrate.The guy calls me a week later saying it would not print a whole print.I figured the only thing changed was the USB cable.Tried a new cable,and all works great!

David Fairfield
12-30-2006, 4:10 PM
oh man, I had all sortsa trouble to begin with too.:mad: But gradually it was like the laser was somehow fixing itself :rolleyes: but it was really just a matter of me getting used to it. ;) Most important thing is stay calm n don't lose your cool :cool:

HTH
Dave