PDA

View Full Version : Knife Keyring

Jon Shively
12-27-2006, 10:48 PM
As I also like to collect knives and some guns, this was a natural project for me that my wife was surprised took me so long to get around to doing. Used Zebra wood for this handle. Actually had a nice piece of Padauk on it first, it kind of split, or blew up or I gouged, don't really know what happened other than it got ugly in a split second! Took the parting tool and cut all of the Padauk off as well as the glue and drilled this blank and inserted that tube in this. Needless to say was gun shy the whole time turning this. But worked out. Comments welcomed. Thanks for looking. Really enjoying this lathe. A fire in the wood stove, pregnant Rat Terrier laying beside it, my male Rat Terrier lays at my feet and when turning something green, he gets covered completely in shavings! Heaven on earth as far as I am concerned!

John Hart
12-28-2006, 4:39 AM
Hey that's cool Jon. Where'd ya get the kit?

Bob Noles
12-28-2006, 5:45 AM
Hey that's cool Jon. Where'd ya get the kit?

Try CSUSA, that's where mine came from

GREAT job Jon, I like the choice of wood.

Jon Shively
12-28-2006, 8:57 AM
John, Bob was right on with the supplier for this kit. After cutting a couple of loads of firewood this morning, have a chrome keyring/knife kit that I am going to put together. Got a couple of bottle stoppers from Chris C. that is a Creeker that I have had the opportunity to meet a couple of times. May be the day for them also today!

Steve Schlumpf
12-28-2006, 9:11 AM
Nice looking keyring Jon! Great looking grain!

Christopher K. Hartley
12-28-2006, 10:53 AM
Jon, Great Idea, I would never thought of a knife key ring. Pretty wood and nice work.:)