PDA

View Full Version : Incra 1000se and router table

Matt P
12-27-2006, 10:32 PM
I am an amateur woodworker.. I am need a good miter system - does anyone know if the Incra 1000se work on my Porter Cable router table model 698 (see pic). The table has a 3/4" miter slot, but I am concerned about there not being enough distance between the bit and the miter slot. I am considering the Incra or the Kreg system. I realize the fence will extend past the edge of the router table a lot.

Thanks,
Matt

Corey Hallagan
12-27-2006, 10:55 PM
If the slots are standard size slots as on a table saw then it would fit in the tracts. Often they are smaller on router tables especially small ones like this. Even if it did fit the slots, the table top is pretty small and it may not have enough area to be a good match for your table. The protractor on the Incra models are pretty good sized.

Corey

Jim Becker
12-28-2006, 10:50 AM
What Corey said with the addition of the fact that the bar on the Incra miter gage is quite long, so be sure you understand it's going to hang out on the outfeed side of such a small table as you use it. You'll likely also have to remove the hold-down device (fits in the tee-bottom of a saw miter slot) to use on your router table. I think that Corey also brought up a good point...check the slot to cutter clearance as the Incra head is indeed quite large.

What you might consider is buying the Incra system for your table saw and re-purposing the one that came with your saw for the router table...or just build a sled. It's rare to do anything at the router table that isn't 90º.

glenn bradley
12-28-2006, 12:41 PM
For that table I would just build your own sled. You'll be able to customize it and the cost will be much less. Now if you plan to also use the MG on the TS, that is a different story.

Matt P
12-28-2006, 2:00 PM
Thank you all.. I don't have a table saw - I live in a studio apt. in NYC. Sometimes I put a 1/8" straight bit in the router table and use that to cut.. wastes wood I know, but... ! :)
Matt