PDA

View Full Version : Copper Fireplace stuff just completed

Perry Holbrook
12-27-2006, 9:08 PM
I just completed a little copper work for the house. Thought some of you may be interested.

The first pic is of the fire screen I did several years ago.

The second pic is something I put together last Friday, just in time for holiday visitors. We have not been using the propane logs so I decided some oil lamps might look kinda good. The oil is held in the 9 copper pieces that look something like flowers. The wick goes out the back thru a copper tube and terminates just above the flower. The rest is just a bunch of copper leaves and limbs to tie it all together.

The third pic is how it looks with the screen in place.

I think it turned out OK. Thanks for looking.

Perry

Jim Becker
12-27-2006, 9:14 PM
Way, kewel, Perry! Outstanding work...as usual...from your talented hands.

Dennis Peacock
12-28-2006, 10:39 AM
Absolutely Outstanding!!!! Beautiful work!!!! :cool: :cool: :D

Charles McKinley
12-28-2006, 11:27 AM
Yeah it turn out okay. grrrr

That is beautiful work Perry.

Mitchell Andrus
12-28-2006, 1:43 PM
Great work. Asheville... you've no doubt seen me at the GPI Arts and Crafts conference in years past. I didn't do the show last year (too busy), but 1999 to 2005 I shared the first conference room with Michael Addams.

Are you familiar with Joe Mross, Archive designs? I've got one of his hoods in my kitchen (shown on the Crowne Point website):

http://www.crown-point.com/styles/ac/ArtsandCrafts1.html

Mitch

Bruce Page
12-28-2006, 1:59 PM
Wow, that is stunning! Love the stone work too!

Perry Holbrook
12-28-2006, 6:52 PM
Thanks for the comments. Copper is a fun media to work in but is starting to get a little expensive.

Mitchell, it's been several years since I was at the GPI conference. It's always on the same week end as my largest wholesale show of the year in Philly. A friend of mine did the conference last year and had his all time best show.

My next copper project will probably be a copper shower enclosure. Got to work out the details soon.

Thanks again. Perry

Brad Hammond
12-28-2006, 10:21 PM
holy cow! very very nice!

Jerry Olexa
12-29-2006, 10:21 PM
Wow...Very special work in a challenging medium...Nice results...And you live in one of my favorite areas, the land of Biltmore and the Blue Ridge...sigh