PDA

View Full Version : So what did everyone get for Christmas?

JOHN VITOSKY
12-27-2006, 8:47 PM
I Got an ipod, a new Jet 1014VS, and a bunch of Woodcraft gift cards. What about you guys?

Corey Hallagan
12-27-2006, 8:51 PM
No Ipod but I did get an RCA 5GB Mp3 player, Bosch Varial Speed Colt Trim Router and a Milescraft Spirocrfter and Inlay kit. No turning stuff... but I will be getting a Termite Hollowing Tool sometime this year! Also got a Year end bonus and the wife authorized me to order some nice stuff :) Future Gloat!

Corey

JOHN VITOSKY
12-27-2006, 8:55 PM
Sweet! Whos next?

Brian McInturff
12-27-2006, 8:56 PM
Lets see, a 6gb pocket storage disk, Permission to get the Keith Clark Deep Hollowing tool system with Steady Rest, and oh yeah, the STUBBY 750. :D :D :D

Stephen Hibbs
12-27-2006, 9:19 PM
a nice stamp for marking textbooks, but really it'll be for signing bowls. A gift certificate that went straight to a carving tools starter set. The Feynman lectures on physics (book form), and admission to Stanford for fall 2007! (actually I opened that present on the 15th). A 1gb flash drive, and a few little stocking stuffers. I'll probably get myself a hollowing tool with the leftover on the gift certificate.

Brian McInturff
12-27-2006, 9:25 PM
Did you say admission to Stanford? KOOL! Now that's a heck of a present. Congratulations!!

Mark Rios
12-27-2006, 9:45 PM
My dogs bought me a new MM16 bandsaw, a Grizzly G0593 jointer with the spiral cutterhead, a Makita LXT two tool combo kit, a few machine accessories, a new iPod and two pizzas. I bought them some Flea and Tick stuff and a whole mess of dental chew bone things from Costco. They said that they got the better deal.

John Hart
12-27-2006, 9:49 PM
I got exactly what I asked for. A new tape measure.

Oh...and they threw in some slippers.:)

(I begged them not to overspend this year.....They abided and that was the greatest gift)

John Timberlake
12-28-2006, 8:06 AM
I got a 1/2" bowl gouge from my mother to replace the sweater that didn't fit. Also two books from Winterthur Museum. One on Queen Anne and Chippendale furniture and one on Federal furniture. Went to the museum yesterday and loved it.

Bob Hallowell
12-28-2006, 8:33 AM
I got a Lee valley straight edge, a veritas trim plane, Beall buffing system. And a nice fleece jacket. I was very stoke.

Bob

Raymond Overman
12-28-2006, 8:42 AM
Turning related I got a 12MM P&N Bowl Gouge and a 16MM P&N Supa-Gouge (that I handled with a nice long cocobolo handle). Other than that, I got a 50MM fixed lens for my Nikon d50, a backpack that holds my camera, four lenses, laptop and accessories. I also got a new radio for my car.

Jon Shively
12-28-2006, 9:05 AM
Wow!!! Some electronic techy people on here! Congrats on the college admission! Me, a new Daisy BB gun (we shoot BB guns and 22's a lot around here on our own gun range!). A lot like John (Andy, am I going wrong here? grin) we tend to buy as needed and prefer to spend the day with family and open a few small gifts. Not intending to infer anything on anyone's days or practices, just a holdover I guess from the days when we actually had no money/extra money. The greatest gift (besides the obvious, Jesus), the niece and nephew's reactions to the kaleidoscopes and my family's reactions to their pens. Very satisfying indeed to see one's work being treasured.

David Fried
12-28-2006, 9:23 AM
The kids pooled thier money and got me a clock and a scraper I wanted.

The clock is for the shop so I will know when it's time to come home. They suggested mounting it on the wall right behind the lathe.

The scraper is a Pinnacle 1" Hook Nose scraper so I can get into more trouble!

John Hart
12-28-2006, 10:01 AM
...The clock is for the shop so I will know when it's time to come home.....

Hmmm...That's strange. My kids took my clock out of the shop. :confused:

Nancy Laird
12-28-2006, 11:01 AM
John, Brian, Mark - nice stealth gloats, but you know the rules--no pics, didn't happen! We need to SEE the new Jet, the new Stubby, the new bandsaw and jointer. Seeing is believing, you know. :D

Nancy

Dennis Peacock
12-28-2006, 11:12 AM
The family gave me some interlocking floor mats for my shop floor to try and help these old feet and legs operate longer without pain. They also gave me an Accuspray 23K HVLP Turbine/Gun setup. Really a nice spray rig. :D

My parents gave me (turning related) a Jordan 3/4" bent tip boring bar.:cool:
THEN
Was cleaning up the "after-math" or should I say "after-mess" of Christmas gifts....you know, empty boxes, wadded up newspaper, twist-ties, little pieces of plastic, and tissue paper.

I picked up a small piece of tissue paper while cleaning up and thought it felt kinda heavy. Needless to say I found:
1- 80º Bent Cutter Tip
1- 15º Bent Cutter Tip
1- 45º Bent Cutter Tip
All for hollow turning with the new boring bar.:eek: :D

I guess I need to go a little slower when tossing papers around on Christmas next year hugh?:o :D

Mike Ramsey
12-28-2006, 12:37 PM
Mini Turning tool set. (I'm sure I will snap these into tiny pieces)
Revolveing cone center for tail stock.
#1 step jaws for my Talon.
A Collett chuck.
1 yoyo kit...
I quit shaving in Sept so I got a hot lather shaving cream dispenser.....

Jonathon Spafford
12-28-2006, 1:49 PM
Let's see here....

I got a needle scaler for texturing purposes, a jacobs chuck, several pen kits, some dyes, a round nose scraper, a mini hollowing tool, a subscription to Woodturning Design, a flannel coat, a Lambourghini Gallardo and a Carrera GT (Alright, so they are models :rolleyes: :D)!!! Anyway, I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas!!!!

Doug Collins
12-28-2006, 2:30 PM
I got a new live center, a roughing gouge, some rubber mats for the shop floor so my back and knees won't hurt while I'm using the first two items on the nice pieces of padauk, canarywood, rosewood and bloodwood that I got.

The curved tool rest and bowl gouge are still to be shipped.

I also made it over to my friends house and brought home 5 VERY large pieces of black walnut from a limb he wanted to remove. (10-14" diameter, 2-3 ft long).

Oh, yeah!

And everybody loved the thimble holders I made. Got several requests for more.

Terry Quiram
12-28-2006, 4:08 PM
I got one of these and 6 big "F" style Irwin clamps.

Terry

Bernie Weishapl
12-29-2006, 10:48 AM
I got a Beall buff system for the 1/2 hp 1725 rpm motor I have. So now have to learn something new. Also got some small measuring devices for doing small HF's and Christmas ornaments. Still down with the kids another week which was the greatest present a grandpa could have. He has about wore grandpa out with the red wagon I built for him.

Paul Engle
12-29-2006, 11:14 AM
I got to have my whole family here for Christmas. I got to make all of them something from the shop. I am most blessed of all.
Happy New Year you guys and gals !!!!

Corey Hallagan
12-29-2006, 11:29 AM
Hey Bernie, good to hear from you. Hopefully all the snow out west will clear out before you get back :) Glad to hear the Grandson was tickled with the wagon! How did the plates go over?

Corey