PDA

View Full Version : Sunhill jointers?

Lloyd McKinlay
12-27-2006, 5:00 PM
Anybody have experience with the Sunhill SM-150 longbed jointer? http://www.sunhillmachinery.com/SM-150%20Jointer.htm

A 56" inch bed jointer for $359.00 plus $89.00 shipping certainly appears attractive but I haven't seen any reviews or reports on the Sunhill brand.

Thoughts or comments?

glenn bradley
12-27-2006, 5:02 PM
I've heard it mentioned by folks upgradeing to an 8". As I recell, all comments were favorable. They even lamented the shorter bed on the 8's. Maybe some of those people will post.

Al Sherred
12-27-2006, 6:50 PM
I have a Sunhill CT-60L 6" jointer , I have owned this for about 3 years and it has never broke down or has it given me any trouble what so ever, Knife changing is not too fun the first time , but its a learning curve, now this task is fairly simple. The jointer arrived in two packages and they were in good shape. replacement knives are 14.95 a set ,compared to some jointers up to 40.00 . I would give this jointer high marks .

Kevin Johnson
12-27-2006, 10:02 PM
I also have the 6" jointer. I bought it used. I have had no trouble with it either. I replaced the belt with a link belt and I really like the extra long table.

Chris Johnson
12-27-2006, 10:08 PM
I too have that jointer and am very happy with it. The motor does begin to struggle a little bit when face jointing 6" hardwoods, but I primarily use it for edge jointing. I live near Seattle so I was able to pick it up and avoid the shipping. Overall, I would reccomend it.

Chris