PDA

View Full Version : Christmas Pens

Daniel Heine
12-27-2006, 2:58 PM
Hello,

I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas holiday. I have posted below two pens I made for my father on Christmas Eve. The top one is a Sedona, and the bottom a Baron. Both are copper, and the wood is from my stock. Your criticism is welcome.

Thanks,
Dan Heine

Dennis Peacock
12-27-2006, 3:45 PM
Daniel,

Very pretty pens. I love the copper look and the wood and finish are very nice. Your father is very fortunate to have such fine writing insturments crafted by skilled hands. Congrats. :D

Bernie Weishapl
12-27-2006, 5:31 PM
Those are some beauties Daniel. I to like the copper look with the wood. Nice work.

John Hart
12-27-2006, 5:44 PM
Very nice! I've never seen that kit. Looks like something I could get real fond of...real quick.

Bob Noles
12-27-2006, 7:15 PM
Dan,

Excellent pens and I really like the copper. I just finished a Baron and Sedona for Christmas presents and really like the style. Tell us what wood this is that you used. Your finish really stands out as well.

Lars Thomas
12-27-2006, 8:25 PM
Great Job dan. Looking great. Lars

Steve Schlumpf
12-27-2006, 8:47 PM
Very nice work Daniel! The copper really stands out! Great finish!

Jon Shively
12-27-2006, 11:05 PM
Very nice pens Daniel. Are these screw off caps? If so, do they tend to scratch when the cap is put back on the pen for writing with? Have always wondered this. This was my first Christmas for making pens, they sure seemed to be a hit! Bet these were also.

Christopher K. Hartley
12-28-2006, 10:50 AM
Daniel, nice set you've made. I too like the copper clip, rings and ends. Nice touch.:)

Daniel Heine
12-28-2006, 12:11 PM
Hello,

Thank you for your kind comments. The Sedona pen on top is a new kit I bought from Arizona Silhoutte. I got the wood from a pile at Rockler, and it was not marked. I'm not sure what kind of wood it is, but I wanted a 1" blank to turn these with. The tops screw on both ends, with no sign of scratching. The finish is buffing with Tripoli and White Diamond, then I apply 4 coats of the CA/BLO to get a real nice shine.

Thank You,
Dan Heine