PDA

View Full Version : Great One Day Deal on a 14.4V Hitachi set.....

Mark Rios
12-27-2006, 10:36 AM
http://www.amazon.com/Hitachi-DS14DVF3-14-4-Volt-Ni-Cad-Cordless/dp/B0009H4YIS/ref=xs_gb_1_center-2_0_6463/002-4328333-8534454

$49.......Get em' while they're hot.

Jeff Yates
12-27-2006, 1:00 PM
Thank you Mark...

I've been looking around to replace my 8 year old Makita...

This looks like it will do the trick, with the reviews given everywhere on this tool...I don't see how I can go wrong at Harbor Freight pricing...

Tom Henry
12-27-2006, 5:55 PM
That's how much you save not how much the tool costs...

Jeff Yates
12-27-2006, 5:59 PM
It was 49.99...I know, I just triple checked and I have one in my order history being packed up to be shipped to me...

Someone made a mistake it seems, and Amazon is going to honor the price for those who made the order in time...

*Happy Happy Joy Joy*

Don Bullock
12-27-2006, 6:23 PM
It's back up to $93.50

Mark Rios
12-27-2006, 7:08 PM
Here's the deal folks.

This was an Amazon "Deal of the day". They sell these items at the listed sale price until they run out (probably out of a set amount). This particular deal was for this tool set for $49.99. They have apparently run out of their stock and the new one that is listed sells from one of their selling partners, in this case for somewhere in the mid-$90's.

However, I just clicked again, the first time I was directed to the higher price page, and this time the price was again $49.99. If someone puts an item in their cart and then doesn't buy it within a certain period of time, they can safely put it back up for sale. Try clicking again in a couple of minutes if you get the higher priced page first,

But remember, this is a one day sale until they run out of their own stock that ships from their warehouses.

Don Bullock
12-27-2006, 7:16 PM
I don't doubt that you got it for $49. I got a miter saw a few weeks ago the same way. Amazon does this kind of thing all the time.

Steve Clardy
12-27-2006, 8:11 PM
Mark directed me to the deal on another forum.
I bought two for 99.98 total price.

Gifts for my hard working sons.

Jeff Yates
12-27-2006, 9:44 PM
Do y'all get emailed on these or how do you find them in the first place?

Seems some of these deals are very good for someone setting up their shop...

Mark Rios
12-27-2006, 9:55 PM
Jeff, if you sign in with them (which basically just means that you let them maintain a cookie on you) you can click on the "Gold Box" in the upper right hand corner area. The deals aren't always tool related but they tend to be more so the more you buy from them (that cookie thing). They also have other great deals (and some not so great) on the same page. This page is using a new format, the old "Gold Box" format being changed a few weeks ago.

If you buy a lot froom Amazon (like I do :rolleyes: :D ) you might be inerested in their Prime Membership. For $80 per year you get free two day shipping and $3.99 next day shipping on most things, even bigger tools. When I bought my DW735, it came two day shipping for free. Same with my miter saws. With the Prime Membership, I think you might get heads up on deals differently than non-Prime members, however I don't really know this.

Another thing....go to Amazon Price Watch and they update price drops for each 24 hour period. You can have them email you and tell you when a particular item (up to four I believe) has a price drop.

Jeff Yates
12-27-2006, 10:00 PM
Laugh...

I order quite a bit from Amazon...I've found them to be quite competitive on pricing for things like printers, brand name memory, and other various small things I order for the office as the IT Coordinator...and of course, it's through my personal account on the company AMEX...

I may just have to upgrade to prime, for the two day shipping...

*grin*

Thanks for the info...I'll check in on it

Jeff

skip coyne
12-27-2006, 11:27 PM
looks like they found some more ,