PDA

View Full Version : STL or online source for paneling?

Gary Herrmann
12-27-2006, 10:25 AM
We have old paneling in our family room - the 3/4" T&G barn board stuff. I'm not sure what species it is. Oak I think, but it has multiple layers of dark oak stain, walnut stain, and at least two colors of paint on it. I figure once I get it off, I can see if it's worth cleaning up and salvaging.

To expedite things, SWMBO would like me to just rip it out and replace it with something light in color like birch. Any recommendations for sources?

Jim Dunn
12-27-2006, 10:37 PM
Gary how about St. Charles Hardwood? If nothing else they could probably steer ya in the right direction.

Gary Herrmann
12-27-2006, 10:52 PM
Good idea, Jim. I totally brain farted on them. And a good excuse to go look at wood...

Jim Dunn
12-27-2006, 11:05 PM
While your out have a coffee on me. PM me when your going and I'll try to meet ya if you go to the store on Hwy 30 in Fenton.

Gary Herrmann
12-28-2006, 6:20 PM
I'll try to remember to do that Jim. I think I'm gonna try to take it easy the rest of the week or at least get some shop time in. After putting two coats of paint on the dining room and replacing all the bathroom fixtures over the last few days, I need some down time. So, I may not get out there unless we happen to be going to Costco or something.

Is the Fenton store bigger or have more of a selection than the one in St. Charles?

Mark Stutz
12-28-2006, 9:30 PM
Gary,
That's where I get all fo my sheet goods, and some of my hardwood lumber. I've never been to the Fenton store, but I suspect the St. Charles one is bigger since I think it was theie first. I have never seen 3/4 solid wood panelling, though I've never looked:D ;) They advertise custom millwork, so they may be able to make a run of T & G panelling. Just a thought.

Mark

Jim Dunn
12-28-2006, 9:48 PM
Mark is right the store in St. Charles is larger but the one in Fenton is closer to me. Plus it has a Steak n Shake close by for my daily dose of coffee:)