PDA

View Full Version : You Know You're A Woodturner When...

Mike Jory
12-27-2006, 10:03 AM
A heavy wind and rainy storm comes your way and you put the chain saw and supplies inside on the floor of your truck,:D "just in case."

(I couldn't resist. A new storm has come to Northern California)

Mike

John Hart
12-27-2006, 10:10 AM
I think there was a $100 million research study proving that violent storms are nature's way of compensating for a disparity in bowl quantities worldwide. You are under a legal and moral obligation to turn as many as you can when a storm comes to your area.;)

Bernie Weishapl
12-27-2006, 10:27 AM
Ditto what John said.:D

George Conklin
12-27-2006, 10:28 AM
A heavy wind and rainy storm comes your way and you put the chain saw and supplies inside on the floor of your truck,:D "just in case."

Mike

LOL:D :D :D. That's pretty funny, Mike.

Don Orr
12-27-2006, 11:04 AM

Mike

Just what is unusual about that? :D ;) :eek: Seems pretty normal to me.

Dennis Peacock
12-27-2006, 12:25 PM
I find it interesting that I sometimes see a really nice tree of some specific species and "hope" that a storm will soon blow it down. :o :rolleyes:

Gary Herrmann
12-27-2006, 12:27 PM
I find it interesting that I sometimes see a really nice tree of some specific species and "hope" that a storm will soon blow it down. :o :rolleyes:

I'm new to turning, but I know what you mean. I recently spotted a silver maple in the area with a nice big burl on it. Crossing my fingers...

Chuck Saunders
12-27-2006, 12:39 PM
What causes you to take the saw out of the truck in the first place?

Ron Ainge
12-27-2006, 12:42 PM
You know that you are a wood turner when you are watching a movie with a bueatiful young girl in a skimpy swim suit on and you are looking at the tree behind her because it has a nice burl on it:eek: :D .........