PDA

View Full Version : Durable Sealer/fill for Stone and Tile

Matthew Sullivan
12-26-2006, 10:03 PM
Hello all,

I have some jobs lined up for engravings in tile and natural stone to be installed into the floor ( along with other tile ofcourse haha .) I was curious what I would use to seal/color fill this design so it would stand up to people walking on it. Lets say the engraving is a 4" letter into natural stone or tile. I've read alot on this forum on rub & buff, however, I've read posts that it's not dishwasher safe so I'm not too sure how well it would stand up being walked on and washed. I'm thinking maybe something epoxy based?

Thanks a lot

Matthew Sullivan

art baylor
12-26-2006, 11:36 PM
Hello all,

I have some jobs lined up for engravings in tile and natural stone to be installed into the floor ( along with other tile ofcourse haha .) I was curious what I would use to seal/color fill this design so it would stand up to people walking on it. Lets say the engraving is a 4" letter into natural stone or tile. I've read alot on this forum on rub & buff, however, I've read posts that it's not dishwasher safe so I'm not too sure how well it would stand up being walked on and washed. I'm thinking maybe something epoxy based?

Thanks a lot

Matthew Sullivan

Matthew:

I've heard of epoxy grout for tile that is tough to apply but strong/impervious to almost anything. Might work well as a filler. Probably need to wax or mask before engraving and application. Sorry I don't have more detailed info about where to get it or how to do it.

Art

Luke Phillips
12-27-2006, 1:50 PM
You may find something useful at this site.

www.kemiko.com (http://www.kemiko.com)

James Meagher
12-28-2006, 7:02 PM
Matthew are you from Nova Scotia?

Matthew Sullivan
12-28-2006, 9:06 PM
Yessir, Yessir I am :D I take it you know of this 'place'? haha