PDA

View Full Version : how to get a confetti lamp started ??????

Christopher Hunter
12-26-2006, 9:16 PM
O.K.
most of you have inspired me to make a confetti lamp...
So my quest began at a local hardware store the other day and I asked if he knew where I could find the lamp portion to a confetti lamp--- with a puzzled look on his face he remarks, " you want a what to do what?"
and so I explained ...
he said try the craft mart so I went there and same thing happened...
so tonight I tried this approach at Walmart and I went to the craft section, the lamp section, the light section, the hardware section , and so on.....
and I still don't have one of those things
so the big question is
Where do most of you guys get them ????
\
I need help because I have the know how and the will and the tools but not the hardware LOLOLOLOLOL
Thanks for any help
--Chris

Robert McGowen
12-26-2006, 9:24 PM
Hi Chris,

A lot of things that turners do will get puzzled looks from the unknowing.....:D

Every Wal-Mart that I have been in or sent someone in for me has had the lamps. They are in the candle section, which is the one section that I noticed you did not mention. The Wally Worlds here have them in a small 1 oz size and just in case you have a large chunk of wood, there is a 3 oz size also (I think it was 3 oz)

Good luck!

Fred Ritter
12-26-2006, 9:27 PM
Are these the ones you're talking about?

http://www.woodturnerscatalog.com/cgi-bin/shopper?search=action&keywords=confetti-light

Curt Fuller
12-26-2006, 11:01 PM
Are these the ones you're talking about?

http://www.woodturnerscatalog.com/cgi-bin/shopper?search=action&keywords=confetti-light

Those work too but you have to fill the lamp and put in the wick and then they can spill pretty easy. The nice thing about the Wally World kind is that they're sealed. This is what they look like...

Ultra Pure Liquid Candle

http://www.craftsetc.com/Store/ShowProduct.aspx?c=31&p=692475

Nancy Laird
12-26-2006, 11:36 PM
They are also available at Hobby Lobby--called "liquid candles" (brand name) in the candle section. They are 3 oz., and 2.3" in diameter. $1.99 each locally.

Nancy

Anthony Yakonick
12-27-2006, 10:03 PM
Lamplight Farms by the case.

Gary DeWitt
12-28-2006, 3:31 AM
I've seen the sealed ones in our local hardware, but I'm leery of spending the time to turn something to fit an item that will probably become unavailable in the future. I'm still searching for my local Wal Mart, their store locator on thier site is busted right now. Theirs are refillable, right? Does anyone happen to know the nearest walmart to Burbank CA?

David Fried
12-28-2006, 9:27 AM
Those work too but you have to fill the lamp and put in the wick and then they can spill pretty easy.

The package of four lamps came with four little funnels to make filling easier. Also came with four copies of safety instructions, in case someone spills hot coffee in thier lap while refilling the lamps.

Nancy Laird
12-28-2006, 10:34 AM
Gary,

Wal-Mart Store #2568, 8333 Van Nuys Boulevard, Panorama City

Nancy