PDA

View Full Version : Newbie

Shane Nyvall
12-26-2006, 6:12 PM
Well I would like to start off by saying, "Hello my name is Shane and I am a woodaholic.." My dad turned me on to this site and back into woodworking.

Andy Hoyt
12-26-2006, 7:01 PM
Hi Shane. Glad you found us. Your old man wouldn't be that mischievious Ernie fellow would he?

You know - the guy who washes his tractor by driving it into the pond.

Christopher K. Hartley
12-26-2006, 7:37 PM
You know - the guy who washes his tractor by driving it into the pond.Don't pay Capt'n Andy any mind Shane. He's still sore cause he can't wash his tractor in the northern pond until about the first of April, if he's lucky.:p If you are Ernie's son you got quite a O'l man there! Welcome to to Vortex and sharpen that chainsaw!! Now, being a Woodaholic is one thing but the question on everyones mind is...are you a Spinaholic?:confused: Planks is flat work and we specialize in mast and rum barrel work here.:eek: Either way, great to have ya aboard matie...Arrrrrrhh!:D

John Hart
12-26-2006, 7:55 PM
....You know - the guy who washes his tractor by driving it into the pond.

You say that as if there's something wrong with that.:rolleyes:

Welcome Shane! Any son of Ernies is a son of mine. Don't ask me for money though.:D

Shane Nyvall
12-26-2006, 8:29 PM
Yes that is my dad, and that is what happens when you put a loose nut behind the wheel. You might be a redneck if you wash your tractor by driving it into your pond. He made my grandmother the most outstanding christmas ornament (sp).

Keith Burns
12-26-2006, 10:31 PM
Oh No !!! Ernie has reproduced !!. Everyone run, run for your lives :D :)

Travis Stinson
12-26-2006, 10:35 PM
Welcome aboard Shane. Hopefully you can make up for your Dad. ;)

Jim Ketron
12-26-2006, 10:36 PM
We have a very good support group!
My name is Jim and I have a woodaholic problem.
Welcome to the group!

Bernie Weishapl
12-26-2006, 10:38 PM
Yep join the group Shane. We are all woodaholic's. Glad to have you here.

Shane Nyvall
12-26-2006, 10:40 PM
Oh No !!! Ernie has reproduced !!. Everyone run, run for your lives :D :)

HAHAHA!!!! And to think that he has 3 kids and 3 grandkids. We have no chance....

Shane Nyvall
12-26-2006, 10:41 PM
Welcome aboard Shane. Hopefully you can make up for your Dad. ;)

Thanks Travis, I will give it my best to make up for him. Can't wait to meet you..

Curt Fuller
12-26-2006, 10:46 PM
Hey there Shane, welcome aboard.

Steve Schlumpf
12-26-2006, 11:11 PM
Welcome Shane! Looking forward to seeing some of your turnings.

Shane Nyvall
12-26-2006, 11:12 PM
Welcome Shane! Looking forward to seeing some of your turnings.

Me too!!!! ;)

Barry Stratton
12-27-2006, 2:21 AM
HELLO Shane! I look forward to seeing your work.

And about that lawnmower incident.....was your dad REALLY trying to trim the weeds in the pond??????

Shane Nyvall
12-27-2006, 8:07 AM
HELLO Shane! I look forward to seeing your work.

And about that lawnmower incident.....was your dad REALLY trying to trim the weeds in the pond??????

Knowing him I would say no. I bet he was wondering how close he could get to the pond before falling in.

Jim Becker
12-27-2006, 9:59 AM
Welcome, Shane! Don't mind all the Moxie shown by your fellow wood-o-holics...

Dennis Peacock
12-27-2006, 12:32 PM
Yes that is my dad, and that is what happens when you put a loose nut behind the wheel. You might be a redneck if you wash your tractor by driving it into your pond. He made my grandmother the most outstanding christmas ornament (sp).

First of all....Welcome to SMC Shane!!!!!!! Glad to have ya aboard.

2nd of all, I'm wondering if Ernie created your grandmother's Christmas ornament on the lathe or while he was riding the tractor around in the pond getting all the cried dirt off of it? :p :p :rolleyes: :D

Tom Sherman
12-27-2006, 9:09 PM
Welcome aboard Shane brace yourself you have fallen in with a bunch of looney's.

Shane Nyvall
12-27-2006, 9:12 PM
Sir I was in a family with a bunch of looney's.;) :p

Ernie Nyvall
12-27-2006, 10:44 PM
Hey! hey! HEY!!! I'll have you all know that the lawn mower incident led to a Lawn Mower/Hovercraft. No more worries about falling in... just wish the fish would quit coming to the surface for food while I'm out there.:eek:

Oh yea, welcome my son. Be... Do... Have... Turn...

For your first lesson... keep your tongue in your mouth while turning wormy wood.... unless they are those meaty ones.

Now go and walk the earth.

Shane Nyvall
12-28-2006, 8:32 PM
Thanks I will keep that in mind. :( :confused:

Mark Cothren
12-28-2006, 10:38 PM
Oh yea, welcome my son. Be... Do... Have... Turn...

For your first lesson... keep your tongue in your mouth while turning wormy wood.... unless they are those meaty ones.

Now go and walk the earth.

Ernie, you've got me as dizzy as a termite in a yo-yo...

Welcome Shane... you're Ernie's son? You just got added to my prayer list... ;)

Shane Nyvall
12-28-2006, 10:40 PM
Ernie, you've got me as dizzy as a termite in a yo-yo...

Welcome Shane... you're Ernie's son? You just got added to my prayer list... ;)

Thanks I am going to need it!!!:D ;)