PDA

View Full Version : How a little wood can ruin your day.

Lee Schierer
11-13-2003, 12:48 PM
Here's the scene that greeted a home owner a block from where I work this morning. The tree is a Sycamore. This is the second tree in a month that has been toppled by the wind within walking distance from our shop. If anyone is interested in the wood, I'm sure you could work out a deal with the homeowner.

I spoke with the lady that lives next door and she related how she had been upset last night because someone had parked where she normally does. Guess she isn't upset now. :D

Ken Wright
11-13-2003, 1:42 PM
and just think what her head would look like if she had been in the car ...

Tha's a lot of sycamore!!

Here's the scene that greeted a home owner a block from where I work this morning. The tree is a Sycamore. This is the second tree in a month that has been toppled by the wind within walking distance from our shop. If anyone is interested in the wood, I'm sure you could work out a deal with the homeowner.

I spoke with the lady that lives next door and she related how she had been upset last night because someone had parked where she normally does. Guess she isn't upset now. :D

Tom Sweeney
11-13-2003, 2:06 PM
I sure hope no one was in that car! :eek:

A few years back I got a phone call from my dad - asking me to pick him up at his office. When I pulled into the parking lot the only two cars there were his almost brand new Lincoln & the guy he was meeting with brand new cadillac. Unfortunately there was a giant oak tree laying across the roofs of both cars - they both looked kinda like the one in your pic Lee :rolleyes: