PDA

View Full Version : A Neander Christmas Gloat

Mike Cutler
12-26-2006, 5:02 PM
Well. It looks as if we are posting pic's of our Christmas "loot", so I thought I'd add to the gloats.
This was a Neander Christmas for me. I had been wanting to buy a dual sander since the summer, but put it off, and hmmd and hawwwed about it. LOML kept saying "Just buy one and get it over with. How long are you going to look at these"". I still wasn't sure so I put it at the back of my mind.
While doing all of the finish work and fine tuning of LOML's blanket chest. I was getting po'd about the crappy handtools I had. All my handtools are fleamarket quality,low fleamarket quality actually. Some of the chisels I own had been used as screwdrivers and to open paint cans by their previous owners, and they probably should have kept doing that task.
Soooo... I took a catalog and circled a bunch of hand tools and gave it to SWMBO'd and said that these were some ideas for Christmas presents for me.
This was her response.

I must have really been good, or drove her nuts over the Drumsander. She got all of them.;)

In all seriousness, I hope that I can learn to really use and apply these tools. They are beautiful and a joy to use.

Billy Chambless
12-26-2006, 5:17 PM
Wow. Just that one picture constitutes most of a basic set of tools. You'll be able to go far with them.

Russ Massery
12-26-2006, 5:21 PM
That's a "mega" Gloat.:eek: Congrats...

Tom Henry
12-26-2006, 5:27 PM
You SUCK! You can say that is a HUGE Gloat!!!!! Congrats;)

Brian Hale
12-26-2006, 5:28 PM
:eek: :eek: :eek:

:eek: :eek:

:eek:

Is that how it works????

Hmmmm I'll have to try that!

Brian :)

Roy Wall
12-26-2006, 5:42 PM
Mike -

Those are some great tools for exactly what you needed - fine tuning, exact milling, and precise fitting/finishing! Enjoy those new tools!

Jim Becker
12-26-2006, 5:44 PM
Oh, my...you owe the LOYL a REALLY big "kiss"!!! Wow! Mike was a good boy this year! (And he better continue to be as such...)

Steve Clardy
12-26-2006, 5:45 PM
Sounds like a SUPER Christmas deal there Mike

Mike Cutler
12-26-2006, 6:06 PM
Uh-Oh.
Looks like I posted in the wrong forum, and caused somebody some work. Oops, sorry.:o

Don Bullock
12-26-2006, 9:12 PM
Wow!!! I'd be excited to have just one of those tools. Congratulations.

Syd Lorandeau
12-26-2006, 9:21 PM
Mike,
Now what are you going to use those lovely tools on when you gave me all your great wood.
Thanks,
Syd

Mark Singer
12-26-2006, 9:34 PM
I have most of those planes and they are the work horses of my hand planes,,,,for the most part. Excellent choices! Enjoy them and they will help you to improve your already great work!

Mike Cutler
12-26-2006, 10:06 PM
Thanks for the feedback folks. This power tool dude is going to have a lot of questions on proper technique in the near future.

Syd.
Mike Mastin has sent me some outrageous cocobola to play with.;)

Mark.
Most of the planes were selected based on your project posts. We seem to both gravitate toward exotic,dense, oily woods (read as difficult). I'll gladly follow your lead.
The Scraper Plane just intrigued me though.

Charles McKinley
12-26-2006, 10:36 PM
SO just how big is the sparkley she has been eyeing up?????

Very nice gift. You have a keeper.