PDA

View Full Version : great Christmas present!...and upcoming "minor" surgery

Mark Pruitt
12-26-2006, 5:00 PM
I've been having Creek withdrawals for the last four days! Spent Christmas with LOML, parents, MIL, in the Great Smokie Mountains outside Gatlinburg TN; no wireless internet so no Creek.:eek: But Christmas morning I was given an excellent gift. My LOML and my parents conspired to arrange some "class time" with Bill Grumbine. Wow!:D What a great present!

It's going to be a couple of months before I can "cash it in" though, as my carpel tunnel symptoms have worsened and I have scheduled surgery for 1/4/07.:( I've known this was coming for a long time and "should" have already had it done, but who wants to voluntarily abstain from turning for a month? Not me! Long term, though, it's the right thing to do and I've just got to suck it up and deal with it. At least it will be a done deal.

Meanwhile, I'll have plenty of time to think about some goals for the instruction time! How exciting!:)

Keith Burns
12-26-2006, 6:24 PM
Mark, great gift !!!! Great gloat !!!

Now, as far as the surgery, don't worry about it. Had mine done and was back turning within a week:)

Jim Becker
12-26-2006, 6:39 PM
A most excellent gift...and a great incentive to get that wrist back in shape as quickly as possible. Try to shoot over for a visit when you do hook up with Bill...'only about an hour out of your way coming or going.

Steve Schlumpf
12-26-2006, 11:23 PM
Wow Mark - that's some gift!!! Congrats!

Surgery is never any fun (unless they give you laughing gas) but you have to figure how much better you will be after it is over! It will be worth it!

George Conklin
12-27-2006, 10:24 AM
I hope you heal well and quickly, Mark.

Bernie Weishapl
12-27-2006, 10:26 AM
Heal quickly Mark and don't rush the healing. What a great present and gloat. Enjoy.

Dennis Peacock
12-27-2006, 12:27 PM
A great gift Mark and I'm jealous!!!!! :rolleyes: :cool: :D

Speedy healing and recovery after the surgery.

Ron Ainge
12-27-2006, 12:38 PM
Great goat!!!

I like you put off the corpal tunnel surgery for quite some time, then I had the left wrist done followed six weeks later by the right one. It has now been about 3 years and I am still kicking my self for not having it done sooner. Take your time recovering and you will have hands that feel and work great for life. Best wishes for a quick recovery.

Corey Hallagan
12-27-2006, 12:52 PM
Congrats Mark. I hope you have a speedy recovery!

Corey

Tom Sherman
12-27-2006, 9:23 PM
Mark that is soo cool, congratulations hope the surgery goes well. My wife did the same thing I will have to wait till April before I go but I' be spending some time with Bill also.

Ken Fitzgerald
12-30-2006, 10:24 AM
Great gift Mark! Good luck with the surgery. I'll be thinking about you!

Don Fuss
12-30-2006, 10:46 AM
Mark, awesome gift! The LOML only got me a can of Slim Jims and some goggles. :confused:

Hope you have a speedy recovery to get back in front of that lathe!