PDA

View Full Version : Speaking of Bandsaw blades..........

Mark Rios
12-26-2006, 4:00 PM
I called the Suffolk folks and ordered a bunch of blades for my MM16 last week and at the end of the conversation, got a total for my order. Then, a couple of days later, I see on my online statement a charge to my account but the amount is about $16 and change more than the total that I was given. Then, a couple of days after that, I see a another charge for $2.39.

When I called them today, the lady on the phone, in her most uncaring and seemingly (to me) stuffy tone of voice, told me that the difference was the shipping charge. I asked why it wasn't included with the total that I had asked for and was given and she said that the shipping charges are added later. In other words, she didn't answer my question. When I asked her about the other charge of $2.39, she said that it was a "box" fee.???????????? When I asked her why they just add on fees and charge peoples accounts without telling them she dind't say anything, just silence. After waiting for her to respond and wondering if we were still connected, I asked if she was going to respond. She said "What did I want her to say"?

Has anyone else experienced this? Suffolk gives you a total and then just adds on extra charges with out telling you? And what the heck is a box fee and why is it extra from the shipping charges?????????

Jeff Yates
12-26-2006, 4:12 PM
Well I literally just in the last hour ordered five blades from them...

I'll keep an eye out and let you know if they rebill my card for more...

Michael McCoy
12-26-2006, 5:20 PM
I had to go back and bounce my invoice off my statement but they matched for blades received a couple of weeks ago. I've bought from Suffolk many times and find that salesperson completely different sounding than those I've dealt with.

glenn bradley
12-26-2006, 5:25 PM
I hope you got a name. I have never been treated with anything but the utmost courtesy from those folks. No invoice issues here. Something weird is going on with that deal and should be reported. I'm sure someone at Suffolk will not be pleased with whoever that was.

Ron Blaise
12-26-2006, 7:32 PM
had that kind of response from them Mark. Albeit, I've never spoken to a woman at Suffolk either. And they have always included shipping cost once I place my order. Must have been having a bad day when you called.

Tom Court
12-26-2006, 9:07 PM
I ordered five blades a couple of weeks ago. I was quoted a total of $112.06 without shipping. A day later I received the invoice (via email) which included $9.91 for shipping, for a total of $121.97. I had two charges on my credit card, one for $118.21 and another five days later for $3.76.

The sales woman was clear that the total she was quoting me didn't include shipping, I can't remember if I asked for an estimate or not.
I've been ordering a lot of Felder accessories lately, so when it comes to shipping costs I've become numb...
Actually the $9.91 from Suffolk seemed like a deal.

Tom.

Mark Rios
12-26-2006, 10:42 PM
I'm not trying to get out of paying a shipping fee or that the shipping fee is too much. I just don't like a company deciding to charge me when and what they feel like. I DID ask what the TOTAL charge was and was quoted the lower amount. If, very honestly the shipping was not included, well....I guess that I don't agree with their telephone sales policies and I will be sure to ask a more detailed question next time.

However, for them to add a "box" fee (whatever the hell that is) and just charge me whatever they feel like for whatever a stinking box fee is, I find that unsettling at best and dishonest and crooked at worst.

Don Bullock
12-26-2006, 11:09 PM
I'd suggest calling back and speaking with a supervisor or manager. Companies don't know that their customers are not being treated right they don't complain.

Al Weber
12-27-2006, 8:40 AM
I ordered and received two blades early in December and found the same "box charge" on my credit card statement. I think they owe everyone a response on this one.

Dick Strauss
12-27-2006, 7:08 PM
Mark,
I didn't have any problems with my order from Suffolk. I can't say enough good things about the staff. They actually steered me away from one of their more expensive blades...it wouldn't have been a good fit for my needs.

I hope you get this resolved ASAP.

Good luck,
Dick