PDA

View Full Version : Woodworking DVD's Rental

Carroll Courtney
12-26-2006, 1:11 PM
Has anybody ever rented a dvd off of a web site that pretained to woodworking? I found a website Smartflex.com ,that rents alot of dvd's for 10.00 I have never heard of them so I am hestitent about becoming a member.They do have several dvd's from turning to sharpering.What is your option on this? Thanks Carroll

Ned Bulken
12-26-2006, 2:14 PM
I used to use Netflix, and they had a number of woodworking titles. Most of them were the Taunton Press series.

Chris Livingston
12-26-2006, 2:34 PM
was amazed when I check with my local library system. They had all of the Fine Woodworking series on DVD and rented all of them. Was able to check them out for 21 days as well and it cost me nothing :)

mike marconi
12-26-2006, 2:49 PM
I've used Smartflex.com a couple of times, had no problems.

Jeff Patrick
12-26-2006, 4:55 PM
Chris' post about being amazed that the library had videos doesn't surprise me, but much of that is due to the fact that my wife is a librarian. Public libraries are a wealth of information of all sorts and in a variety of media. If your local doesn't have something (book or video) it can most likely be interlibrary loaned. Just ask. Also, most would be surprised at how fast a librarian can find things on the internet orelsewhere. They are very adept at looking up information. They know of sources we mortals can only dream about.

Is my bias showing?