PDA

View Full Version : New Pen Kits from Berea - **PICS**

Ken Salisbury
11-13-2003, 11:30 AM
I have been anxiously awaiting the arrival of Berea Harwoods' new catalog since Jim at Berea told me they had a bunch of new kits.

Got the new catalog yesterday and ordered 15 each of 3 new styles of which there are many others in the catalog. I scanned pics and prices, etc from the catalog of the 3 I ordered. I will post some pics and reviews of these kits in the near future.

I believe Berea is now charging $3.00 for their catalog and you can order one by visiting their web site (http://bereahardwoods.com). p.s. web site is not updated yet with the new stuff.

Kevin Gerstenecker
11-13-2003, 5:43 PM
Ken, thanks for taking the time to post the pics of the new offerings from Berea. I like all of the new designs..........especially the colored pens. I'll bet the colored Pens will be some hot sellers.......especially when turned with either color coordinated wood, or a contrasting wood. Looks like I will have to get the latest catalog and check these out. They look good............and more options in Pen Styles mean more potential sales...........which means more play money! (A Win-Win situation any way you look at it!) :D

Noah Alkinburgh
11-14-2003, 8:10 AM
Yeah, what Kevin said :D

I like the streamlined slimline...I can't wait to hear the review on that one...it just looks like it will feel nice in the hand.

Noah

Matt Bridges
11-15-2003, 11:13 AM
Hi Ken,

I just got my catalog in the mail too. I have to say they did a top notch job with the new catalog and the new supplies and kits are great!

Thanks for taking the time to scan them in for the site.

Matt

Scott Greaves
11-16-2003, 12:04 AM
I have been drooling over my new Berea catalog today too! They have really outdone themselves!

This is a catalog worth having! There are new styles and new platings. There is even a kit made of solid sterling silver. The rose gold plating looks like something that will be awesome. The centerbands for the El Grande are a nice touch, but they have re-worked the screw alignment so there is very little danger of crossthreading the cap now. Jim at Berea has been busy, and I think I'm going to go broke ordering stuff from him!

Thanks for showing these pages, Ken!

Scott.

Dennis Peacock
11-16-2003, 1:29 AM
I have been drooling over my new Berea catalog today too! They have really outdone themselves!

This is a catalog worth having! There are new styles and new platings. There is even a kit made of solid sterling silver. The rose gold plating looks like something that will be awesome. The centerbands for the El Grande are a nice touch, but they have re-worked the screw alignment so there is very little danger of crossthreading the cap now. Jim at Berea has been busy, and I think I'm going to go broke ordering stuff from him!

Thanks for showing these pages, Ken!

Scott.

Scott,

Are you getting any of your pen blanks from Arizon Silhouette? Bill is a really fine "feller" and I really love the "eye-candy" pen blanks he sells. I just ordered several blansk of boxelder burl in various colors...really pretty stuff...

Scott Greaves
11-16-2003, 2:37 PM
Are you getting any of your pen blanks from Arizon Silhouette? Bill is a really fine "feller" and I really love the "eye-candy" pen blanks he sells. I just ordered several blansk of boxelder burl in various colors...really pretty stuff...

Hi Dennis,

Bill and I are old friends! If you'll go look at his site, Arizonasilhouette.com, he has me as the "Featured Artist" this month. I love to call him up and have him send me a box of what's new and beautiful. Here's a picture of a pen I made out of some Macadamia wood he got in recently. Take care!

Scott.