PDA

View Full Version : Christmas Pens

Jon Shively
12-26-2006, 11:01 AM
Well, finally got a camera and the pens regathered yesterday long enough to take a picture of them. These aren't my first pens, in fact gave away fifteen pens for Christmas as well as four kaleidoscopes. This lathe has been one of THE most satisfying tools besides my horses that I have ever owned in my life. Thank you Creekers for peaking my interest and encouraging this spiral to inner peace. Hopefully this picture attachment works.
First pen = Tulip
Second pen = Cocobola
Third pen = Zebra wood
Fourth pen = Padauk
Fifth pen = Zebra wood with the darker HUT wax.
My family seems to prefer the little knob at the end on some pens. So that is there. The lady in Florida that gets the third pen has arthritis bad so put two "lumps" (I call it my lady pen as it has the "hour glass" shape of a lady).
Have met a fellow Creeker, Chris C. in Wanatah, in fact he urged me to take the pen class at Woodcraft and have had two really great visits with him. Ran out of pen kits Wed., he gave me some kits for a door I took him and he gave me some kits to replace when I could so I could finish my gifts. Thanks Chris and the Creek for this opportunity.

John Terefenko
12-26-2006, 11:26 AM
Think you forgot something. "PICTURES" The police are coming.:eek:

Nancy Laird
12-26-2006, 11:30 AM
Yeah, where's TJ when you need him? Oh, yes, he's on vacation and away from the computer. Well, maybe these little reminders will help Jon straighten up.

I will say that if the pens are as nice as the descriptions, I'm wanting to see them.

Nancy

Edit: And wouldn't you know it, as soon as my post went up, there were the pictures. Nice, Jon. Lucky recipients.

Jon Shively
12-26-2006, 11:33 AM
While you two were wondering where the pictures were. I was editing my post to get the pictures to attach! Something about size??? Well, got it, the picture is now posted. Will see if I can get a shot of two of the kaleidoscopes and will post them later today. Feels nice to have some work finally posted so I am validated as a "Creeker"!

John Hart
12-26-2006, 11:43 AM
Nice grouping Jon. I likes that cocobolo with the euro-roundtop. Looks good!:)

Andy Hoyt
12-26-2006, 11:51 AM
.....This lathe has been one of THE most satisfying tools besides my horses that I have ever owned in my life. ..... You folks notice how Mr. Hart seemed to skip right over that endorsement?

Nice pens, Jon. Beauties!

Jon Shively
12-26-2006, 12:03 PM
Andy, have noticed this before in other threads about John and something about horses. Care to share?

Corey Hallagan
12-26-2006, 12:46 PM
Verynice work and a great group of pens!

Corey

Andy Hoyt
12-26-2006, 5:17 PM
Gol dang it. Back in October, John gave me a $1000 to never mention horses and his name in the same sentence. Oops - I did it again.

We're gonna need Ken Fitz to answer that question, Jon. My memory stinks, as evidenced by the preceding statement. I do recall that lacquer, denial, bonkers and goblets, a beautiful princess, and a white fence are involved, though.

Christopher K. Hartley
12-26-2006, 9:27 PM
Jon, those are some good looking pens I really like the finger hold treatment.:)

Keith Burns
12-26-2006, 10:17 PM
Great pens Jon !! Nice detail, fit and finish:) :)