PDA

View Full Version : So, what did Santa Bring?

Paul Canaris
12-26-2006, 10:56 AM
Well Santa Wife was good this year. Not a bad haul, need to get out to the workshop and make something to re-enforce this positive behavior. :D

Gary Keedwell
12-26-2006, 11:05 AM
Paul,
Nice Christmas haul. That is a really nice looking router set-up. Is that table cast iron? I think I could really get into that.

Gary K.

Jim Becker
12-26-2006, 11:09 AM
Very kewel...

So...what is that third item?

Corey Hallagan
12-26-2006, 11:11 AM
Way to go! Great haul indeed!

Corey

Kris Ingmanson
12-26-2006, 11:19 AM
Paul,

Remember when you "make something to re-enforce this positive behavior", it can't be something for the workshop.

Don Bullock
12-26-2006, 11:34 AM
Nice haul. I love the router table. I'll be interested in hearing how well you like it. That's something that is still on my "dream list." For now I have to use a small bench top table.

Kelly C. Hanna
12-26-2006, 11:35 AM
I got truck parts and music dvds. I did get a great gift from the secret Santa network....a pen turned from composite, a Tenryu saw blade, the first year of Woodcraft magazines and a windbreaker jacket!

Jim O'Dell
12-26-2006, 11:51 AM
Very kewel...

Good, I'm not the only one who doesn't know! So Paul, what izit? Don't keep us in the dark or whe'll have to come after you!!:D Jim.

John Miliunas
12-26-2006, 12:04 PM

Sharpening jig. :) :cool:

John Miliunas
12-26-2006, 12:09 PM
Mrs. Klaus and Ms. Klaus Jr.'s were good to me this year. Some of my (their:rolleyes: ) favorite cologne, shirts that I don't "swim" in (dramatic weight loss over last year), a couple wooden dumbbells (antiques from the UW Madison, Red Gym), a couple antique planes (one woodie, one transitional), an old level w/wooden case. Oh, and then there was the pretty "substantial" gift card for my favorite toy store (Woodcraft). :D Musta' done something right this last year! :o :) :cool:

Paul Canaris
12-26-2006, 12:29 PM
Paul,
Nice Christmas haul. That is a really nice looking router set-up. Is that table cast iron? I think I could really get into that.

Gary K.

Yep, it's the Bend Dog pro. Really nice cast iron surface.

Paul Canaris
12-26-2006, 12:29 PM
Very kewel...

Thats the Krell sharpening guide. I am hoping it will work well for narrow western chisels and Japanese chisels which tend to be short bodids and wont fit most jigs.

Paul Canaris
12-26-2006, 12:30 PM
Paul,

Remember when you "make something to re-enforce this positive behavior", it can't be something for the workshop.

I agree, plan on making bathroom cabinets.

Paul Canaris
12-26-2006, 12:31 PM
Nice haul. I love the router table. I'll be interested in hearing how well you like it. That's something that is still on my "dream list." For now I have to use a small bench top table.

I'll give an update on how well it works after I get it fired up.

Paul Canaris
12-26-2006, 12:33 PM
Mrs. Klaus and Ms. Klaus Jr.'s were good to me this year. Some of my (their:rolleyes: ) favorite cologne, shirts that I don't "swim" in (dramatic weight loss over last year), a couple wooden dumbbells (antiques from the UW Madison, Red Gym), a couple antique planes (one woodie, one transitional), an old level w/wooden case. Oh, and then there was the pretty "substantial" gift card for my favorite toy store (Woodcraft). :D Musta' done something right this last year! :o :) :cool:

Woodcrafters is one of my favorite stores. Any ideas on what youll get with that gift certificate at woodcrafters John?

glenn bradley
12-26-2006, 1:03 PM
LOML got on Woodcraft's email list in secret and got pinged when their $5 router bit sale fired up. She wasn't sure what to get so she just got one of each. I'm OK with that. ;-)

John Miliunas
12-26-2006, 1:07 PM
Woodcrafters is one of my favorite stores. Any ideas on what youll get with that gift certificate at woodcrafters John?

Paul, I'm just not sure yet. Been toying with the idea of selling my big Vega lathe and my smaller spindle lathe and getting the 3520b to replace them both. I'd still have to kick in some extra $$ but, I work PT at the store so, I can get a pretty magnanimous deal on it! :D Otherwise, been thinking about something in the Lie Nielsen line... :) :cool:

JayStPeter
12-26-2006, 2:47 PM
I did pretty well this year :D .

My birthday is in early Dec. and this year was a significant one. So, here's the combo of birthday and Christmas for me.

LV LA Smoother
LV Med. Shoulder plane
4 LN Chisels
Microplane stuff
also got some headphones for the ipod and a bunch of birthday gag gifts including a pretty nice nose hair trimmer that will be very useful :rolleyes:

I bought myself a PM701 Mortiser for my birthday also.