PDA

View Full Version : Creeker's Weekend Accomplishments...

Dennis Peacock
12-26-2006, 10:00 AM
Good Morning and Happy Holidays,

It's time to tell what you've done over the past Christmas holiday weekend.

Me...it was spraying more lacquer on Friday, getting everything together for Christmas, cleaning house, keeping warm and dry, and poking around on the computer.

For Christmas I got:
A 3/4" Jordan boring bar for my captured hollowing setup
My 1st true HVLP/Turbine setup, Accuspray 23K with gun
More interlocking pads for the shop floor to help ease the strain on my legs and feet from standing on bare concrete.

It was a LOT of time with family and friends and a very blessed time indeed. Good food, fun, and family.....this has been the best Christmas we've experienced as a family since 1998. I consider myself extremely blessed. :D

My parents are visiting with us this week and dad already has a project or two that he wants made while here. :D

So what did you do/get over the Christmas holiday weekend?

Best of weeks to you all.

Dennis Peacock
12-26-2006, 11:53 AM
Everybody still sleeping today or what? :p

Bob Nelson
12-26-2006, 12:02 PM
It was the first Christmas without my Dad, so it was bitter sweet. It was good to get together with family and talk about old times.

I got:

12" Bessey K body
sharpening stones
brad point bits
a couple of Greene and Greene design books
shoulder plane

The funny thing about yesterday was that in 10+ years of woodworking I've never cut myself. Then I cut myself carving the ham yesterday. Go figure. Not serious.

Larry Fox
12-26-2006, 12:26 PM
Hung about 3/4 of the cabinets I built for my kitchen remodel. Very pleased with them so far. Hope to finish the install this week so the countertop guys can get in there.

Spent some good quality time with my family and the kids had a blast on the big day.

In terms of haul, I am actually embarased at the amount of loot that I got (too much). For WWing;

1) Veritas medium shoulder plane
2) Veritas low-angle block plane
3) Dewalt cordless drill (which I desperately needed).

Hope everyone had a good holiday.

Steve Clardy
12-26-2006, 2:54 PM
Worked all weekend

JayStPeter
12-26-2006, 2:58 PM
Fun weekend with lots of visitors. It was all about the kids, so I did little myself. I have made more progress in the basement and will be ready for drywall soon. Probably tomorrow or Thursday as my weekend continues until the 2nd :).

Between Christmas and my birthday I scored pretty well:
- LV LA jointer
- LV Med Shoulder plane
- 4 LN Chisels
- Microplanes and inserts

and I bought myself a PM701 Mortiser for my birthday. Pics are in the "What did Santa bring?" thread.

Al Willits
12-26-2006, 3:11 PM
Killed me, but I stayed out of the garage for the entire weekend, we had picked up 3 sheets of menards 3/4" birch VC plywood to make CD and storage cabinets out of, and I started my bigger TS sled and TS extensions last week.
So tonight I have Beasty's blessing on hitting the shop...YAAAAY

Did spend so quiet time with the wife and family this weekend and Santa gave me a Bosch laminate trimmer I wanted and some more clamps and a TS maintance kit, so I am a happy camper.

Wife somehow got Santa to give her enough money for the golf clubs she's wanted for a long time, so we'll be off shopping for them tuesday..:D

Remember the Vets.

Al

Jim Becker
12-26-2006, 6:19 PM
I've actually been getting some good shop time in, although it revolves around cleaning, as well as modifying a wall and electrical/dust collection alterations to accommodate a "future tool". I really like the new arrangement better and suspect it's going to give me easier work flow when I start making a lot of cabinetry for the addition. Here's an "action shot"...

I also found that cast iron makes a wonderful surface for wrapping presents...the second annual event this time around...and you can get really crisp edges on the folds!

One other "shop modification" planned for sometime this week hopefully is the addition of an access door from the upstairs level of the shop to the outer world...I'm going to need to be able to get all that cabinetry I mentioned up there for storage and the interior stairs will be impossible for that. It also means I can move a lot of my material storage up there, too, freeing up much needed space.

Fred Voorhees
12-26-2006, 6:28 PM
Spent most of the weekend down at Cape May, keeping my Mom and my youngest bro company for the holiday. Did manage to sneak in a little time in the shop before we left and after we got home. Straightening up and cleaning the shop in preparation for an infusion of a couple hundred dollars worth of "wood on the hoof", which hopefully will be picked up this coming Saturday morning at my favorite rough sawn wood dealer - an old family freind. Will be starting a sideboard project shortly as well as a full sized bed structure that another brother asked me to build for my niece. Have a project or two for our own home that I am thinking about, so the winter looks as if it is filled up with time in the shop - at least until the local dirt track racing season gets back going.:D

Joe Mioux
12-26-2006, 8:22 PM
Well, this was an interesting weekend.....

With the nature of my business, I was busy, but told staff we would be closed Sunday, which is the norm.

So, instead of working on Christmas Eve, I got up went to church in the am, cleaned the shop and reorganized. On Monday, pretty much finished up a prototype planter box. It still needs a few refinements but it is finished except for the paint. Pics to follow when finished.

Spent Christmas day at my Aunts' house, which we have not done in about 10 years. That was wonderful. Normally, it is the in-laws, so this was a nice change of pace for me.

joe

Jim Dunn
12-26-2006, 10:04 PM
Filmed the grandkids with my wife's new camcorder opening presents and eating the paper. Littlest one is not 1 as yet so paper is better than presents:). Best Christmas I can remember in a long time. I could do it all over again including spending the money.

Dan Gill
12-27-2006, 5:57 PM
We had a great Christmas in the thriving metropolis of Halfway, Texas (about 15 miles west of Plainview). I didn't do any woodworking, which is a little unusual, considering that my father-in-law has a shop, too. We shared gifts with our two sons, daughter, and daughter-in-law. And all the kids and I got to do some cottontail and pheasant hunting. Not many pheasants, but it was lots of fun, and the first time for my daughter.