PDA

View Full Version : A Creeker Visited Yesterday

Ken Salisbury
11-13-2003, 10:38 AM
Dave Anderson -NH visited the Old Rebel Workshop yesterday. Dave was on a business trip to Gadsden AL and made the drive (75 miles) from Gadsden to Huntsville to visit.

He brought along a nice chunk of burl (which I have yet to decide the variety) which I am lookingh forward to using. We talked woodworking and a variety of other topics until late last night and then Dave had to drive the 75 miles back to Gadsden. We limited the amount of BL consumed since Dave had the return drive to make ;).

Needless to say I really appreciated the effort (long drive and long day) made by him to visit a 'senile old man'.

Dave Anderson NH
11-13-2003, 9:21 PM
In spite of your disparaging comments about yourself I'd make the trip again in a heartbeat-- would you believe 2 heartbeats? It was a long day since I had gotten up at 4AM Eastern time and didn't get to your house until almost 6PM Central, but it was worth every minute. As you might have surmised, I made it back to Gadsen alright. For you Creekers, if you get the chance, it is an opportunity not to be missed. I thoroughly enjoyed Ken's hospitality and my only disappointment was not having more time to spend with him. As a bonus, I ended up with a VERY nice new pen in my shirt pocket on my way back to the motel. Thank you again Ken, it's a new prize possession for me. The up side of this trip is that the business end went well and I expect to get the opportunity to visit again.

I am again back in NH where the 40-60 mph winds for tonite and the predicted snow up north are only slightly different than the 55degree evening temperature in Alabama. ;) The next visit I have to make it down to Ken's in daylight so I can actually see the sign on the Old Rebel workshop. Ken-- if you can ever bring yourself to brave the cold and snowy wilds of NH, the door here is always open and there's even a spare bedroom shoould you decide to stay. I thouroughly enjoyed myself and I look forward to the next chance tovisit.