PDA

View Full Version : Got digital camera-Workshop tour

Ben Grunow
12-25-2006, 9:47 PM
Finally got camera from LOML and got it hooked up here is the "tour" (only one room) of my unfinished shop. Remodelled my house for the last 1 1/2 years and part of that was the construction of a 2 car garage/shop building. Still no siding on the garage but the shop has gotten plenty of use during house construction. I am in the process of insulating and plywooding the cieling and I got a Hot Dawg for Xmas so that will follow the ceiling project. Dust gorilla is in the garage section of the building and the compressor is just next to the TS where I can trip on it. Lots to do still but lots done also. Hope you like it. I also took some pics of odd items that I enjoy and think might provoke conversation (hand clamp-what's this for?, deer head, caster on the wall, foot/calf muscle stretcher, etc.).

Dimensions are about 23' 6" x 15' 8"

Ben Grunow
12-25-2006, 9:48 PM
More...53406

Ben Grunow
12-25-2006, 9:50 PM
and more... making up for lost time.

Ben Grunow
12-25-2006, 9:54 PM
still more...53413

Boyd Gathwright
12-26-2006, 12:17 AM
Hi Ben,
.... In the refrigerator, is that a special SMC varnish :rolleyes:?

Dave Fifield
12-26-2006, 4:28 AM
Ahhhhh.....lots of sawdust everywhere.....my kind of workshop! Nice tour, thanks Ben. We expect to see loads more nice pictures from you in the future then.... :)

:Dave F.

Corey Hallagan
12-26-2006, 9:55 AM
Very nice Shop! Thanks for the photos.

Corey

John C. Wilson
12-26-2006, 10:12 AM
Enjoyed the photos Ben, so what is the caster on the wall for?
Also , you call that a deer mount? HAAA!!!! Here in Iowa our does are bigger than that. We don't evan think of shooting a buck till it's at least a18 to 20 pointer!! Just kidding..........We have deer here everywhere.

Jim Becker
12-26-2006, 10:36 AM
Congrats on the new camera, Ben. We'll give you a bye on not having a picture of the new camera... LOL!

Thanks for the tour. I'm also wondering about that piece of iron hanging on the wall...

John Miliunas
12-26-2006, 12:57 PM
Nice space, Ben! Also nice to see you doing the mix with both, power and hand tools. Gotta' admit, though, that SS certainly captured my attention the most! :) :cool:

glenn bradley
12-26-2006, 1:07 PM
Is that last shot a cabinet raiser or a leg stretcher?

Ben Grunow
12-26-2006, 9:43 PM
Thanks guys, it is a work in progress as are all shops.

Boyd, that is indeed a protective coating for my insides. It washes the sawdust off so I can go inside after a day of hackery.

John, I found that caster on a job somewhere and one day, after about 4 hours of working bent over, it occurred to me that I could massage my own back if I had a hard rubber wheel to lean up against so I screwed it on the wall and it really does the trick (like a bear scratching his back on a tree). It really gets the sore spots behind the shoulder blades and the harder you lean the harder it works. Try it!

Jim, I think that iron thing is called a hand vise but not sure. It is about 6 or 7" long and srping loaded to open when unscrewed. Maybe for whittling or other neander type activities? Anyone?

Glenn, that is my shop made calf/hamstring stretcher (too cheap to buy one and this thing really works). I have a lot of aches and pains in case you didnt notice.

No on mentioned my CS station with 8' of support on either side of the saw? I needed this for the trim on the outside of the house as it is PVC and very flexy. Waste of space but I'm used to it. I might sacrifice the section under the glass door cabinet for router table and edge sander.

I also built the shop with the window aligned with the CS table and the door aligned with the TS blade for longer cuts. Workbench is 48" square with wheels on one side for mobility. BTW I bough all of those planes at tag sales for less than $10 each.

I'm glad you like it and more to come. Wish I could figure out how some people post huge pictures in sharp resolution though. I have been resizing to fit get under the 107Kb requirement. Try the caster on the wall if you have an extra around.

Thanks for looking

Ben

JayStPeter
12-26-2006, 9:57 PM
Nice shop Ben.

No on mentioned my CS station with 8' of support on either side of the saw? I needed this for the trim on the outside of the house as it is PVC and very flexy. Waste of space but I'm used to it. I might sacrifice the section under the glass door cabinet for router table and edge sander.

Personally, I like it. I had something similar in my old shop. Now I have 9' on the right and 4' on the left and wish I had 8' on the left. I have some plans of reworking that part of the shop and might try to work that out.