PDA

View Full Version : Gottaa wild super gift this morning!!!!

Karin Voorhis
12-25-2006, 7:36 PM
Hey all I do not want to bore you all but everyone is so sick of hear about the shop I am building up I have no choice but to come here and share!!!!!

I have worked this backwards from most of you all. I got a laser and then through working with the laser and smelling the burnt wood and holding the wood and all I decided to add on a small wood working shop too. I got a table saw to cut bigger sheets of ply and acrylic for the laser. I then got a drill press for some work drilling different lasered things... I then got a big shed to move the bikes into to make room for a real shop. Have a few other tools and such laying around too.

What is missing though hmmmm... A WORK BENCH!!!!! Well yes if I am going to work with wood I guess I should build my own. Wow where to find the time hmmm...... I was talking about doing this with a group of family and friends yesterday. Well a friend said I have an extra one and I will drop it off too you in the morning!!!! WOW LOOK AT THE PICTURE IT IS GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am so happy now if I only knew what to do with it!!! LOL!!!!!!

Sorry for the long story I am just so amazed and happy and I know you all are the people to share this with I am thinking you all will understand my over joy right now!!!!!!!

Curt Stallings
12-25-2006, 8:08 PM
Congrats Karin! That looks like a well built worktable. And it looks like the top is already finished too! People don't usually just give those away. I'd say you've had a pretty good Christmas.

Ed Maloney
12-25-2006, 8:14 PM
Karin - Have a great time with your new toys! I can just tell from your posting that you are one happy laserwoodhead! I hope you enjoy it for many years...

:)

John Esberg
12-25-2006, 9:15 PM
Good job and I hope it lasts well for you!

DAK

Karin Voorhis
12-26-2006, 6:55 AM
Thanks for sharing in the joy with me on this one. I went out this morning and cleared some wood before the day began with my real job. I just had to go see if I was dreaming or not.

I has built and finished 3 of these and decided 3 was a bit much for his shop and he offered to me.

Now what can I do on this bench as a thank you gift for him in return hmmmm......... Ideas????

Frank Corker
12-26-2006, 8:00 PM
Buy him a Rolls Royce, I usually find that does the trick!

Mark Rios
12-26-2006, 10:45 PM
Karin, that wasn't a long story. That was a great story. Congrats, that looks like a very fine table/workbench. Nice score. WTG!!! :D :D :D

Dave Fifield
12-27-2006, 1:56 AM
I feel your joy Karin. What is SMC for if not to share your on-topic experiences with the woodworking/laser/cnc community? It's interesting to see that you have come at setting up a workshop from a slightly different angle! We LIKE postings like yours :)

:Dave F.

Karin Voorhis
12-27-2006, 7:43 AM
Frank you have a great idea there but now we are getting some snow so I am thinking I would hate to get salt on the undercarriage or what not. I would hate to get such a nice gift dirty and all so lets think up the second best gift. LOL

Buy him a Rolls Royce, I usually find that does the trick!

Karin Voorhis
12-27-2006, 7:45 AM
Mark and Dave thanks so very much for sharing this with me I think people around ehre are going to dis own me if they have to listen about it any more...... LOL!!!!!!:D I am just so amazed adn thinking of the million things I can do on it well hopefully more reading here adn talking to people from here I should be learning......

Brent Vander Weil
12-27-2006, 9:44 AM
Now giving definately has it's place, but MAN that is a good receive if I ever saw one... When will they be giving away the extra tools too :-)

Very nice find Karin... and I am in sort of the same boat as you are, however I was fortunate enought to be blessed with quite a few woodworking tools when my grandfather passed... I never really was a big woodworker, but being a tech junkie I got the laser and NOW those tools I got are finding a use for me. I am just getting things arranged in my basement for the laser and a few of the more essential power tools as my garage was not heated and it gets purdy darn cold in ol IOA...

I am actually doing more acrylic right now than anything else...

I am inspired by stories of shop growth... and hope the bug is contagious :-) I need to figure out how I am going to maximize the use of my space...

Take care...

Karin Voorhis
12-27-2006, 11:18 AM
Yes Brent the tech junlie in me is what attracted me to the laser plus I wanted to make Airbrushing stenciles which I still have to get to yet but Frank is getting me going with that. My day job I am a full time computer tech ang supervisor. The wood is such a great out let from the day world.

Now giving definately has it's place, but MAN that is a good receive if I ever saw one... When will they be giving away the extra tools too :-)

Very nice find Karin... and I am in sort of the same boat as you are, however I was fortunate enought to be blessed with quite a few woodworking tools when my grandfather passed... I never really was a big woodworker, but being a tech junkie I got the laser and NOW those tools I got are finding a use for me. I am just getting things arranged in my basement for the laser and a few of the more essential power tools as my garage was not heated and it gets purdy darn cold in ol IOA...

I am actually doing more acrylic right now than anything else...

I am inspired by stories of shop growth... and hope the bug is contagious :-) I need to figure out how I am going to maximize the use of my space...

Take care...