PDA

View Full Version : Woodtek 8 inch jointer

rodney mitchell
12-24-2006, 9:42 PM
Hey all... and hope everyone is enjoying the holidays. I have a decision to make maybe someone can help me with. I have a chance to buy a like new Woodtek 8 inch jointer for a pretty good price. I have a brand new (still in the box) Delta 6 inch I bought off of Amazon a while back. I am tempted to get the Woodtek and sell the Delta.

Does anyone have any experience with the Woodtek jointers? Think I should jump on it and sell my Delta 6 inch? Thanks

Rodney

Jim Becker
12-24-2006, 9:51 PM
Jointers are generally pretty simple machines, so there is a good chance you'll be happy with the Woodtek (http://woodworker.com/cgi-bin/FULLPRES.exe?PARTNUM=907-064). Woodtek is the "house brand" of Woodworker's Supply...and is distinctive with it's green and yellow paint.

JayStPeter
12-24-2006, 10:41 PM
The WoodTek is a Geetech clone. Same basic machine as the Jet, Bridgewood, Grizzly (until last year), etc. I have the most basic of the clones in an older Grizzly and like it.

Steve LaFara
12-25-2006, 10:00 AM
I would sell the Delta and get the 8" if the prices are similar. Paint it grey and put a Delta sticker on it if you are worried about the quality differece.:D