PDA

View Full Version : Tv Cabinet, done

Robert Mickley
12-24-2006, 5:42 PM
well sort of. The top piece isn't attached. For the time being it is going to saty loose. I may change it after I get the other cabinets and shelves built for either side of it

Walnut, and curly maple, Finish is BLO and cambells magna lac pre cat lacquer sprayed on. Door hardware came from Hartville hardware. The adjustable feet and t nuts came from local ace hardware. Still need the door latches. I'm looking for ones that go in the door with a spring loaded ball.

Yes I know the doors aren't lined up. Will do that after its in place at my sisters. ;)

John Miliunas
12-24-2006, 6:36 PM
That's pretty, Robert. Wonderful choice of woods...Love the contrast! I'm thinking your sis will like it. :) BTW, if you're housing any electronic components in there, be sure to make some accomodations on the back for venting them! :) :cool:

glenn bradley
12-24-2006, 7:41 PM
Very cool contrasting woods. I enjoy that look so much you'd think I'd get off my keester and try a piece. Very well done!

Robert Mickley
12-24-2006, 7:47 PM
Thanks guys, it isn't fancey but, thats what she wanted.

John, thnaks for reminding me about ventilation. :rolleyes:

Zahid Naqvi
12-24-2006, 8:09 PM
My two favorite woods, curly maple and walnut. The cabinet looks real neat.

Jesse Thornton
12-24-2006, 8:20 PM
That's looking great! Often when I see dark panels in a light frame, it doesn't look quite balanced to me, but you've pulled it off really well - I think it's because the high figure in the maple keeps the dark tones of the walnut from dominating. Well done, you're sister will surely be thrilled.
Merry Christmas!