PDA

View Full Version : Small gloat

JOHN VITOSKY
12-24-2006, 4:48 PM
I was in Woodcraft today and overheard the owner telling someone that they are selling the lathes that they use for the classes. Weel I had some early Christmas giftcards and asked them when they were going to be selling them. Well he said it would be prolly Jan 15th before he would but I could reserve one. So I went into the classroom and was looking at them. He walks in and says "Hey we have these five Jet minis and one extra over here that is VS." I look at it run it and ask hime how much. He says that the minis are 150. I was really looking at the VS and he said if I wanted it today I could take it. So I walked out of Woodcraft with a VS1014 for 200. Only a few mohts old. God was watching out for me. I had been looking at the Rikons but I guess I can be HAPPY with this VS. It is extremely smooth. Not bad. A 189 dollar price break for a few month old lathe. Pics to follow. Now I need to figure out where to set it up in my shop.

Jim Becker
12-24-2006, 5:47 PM
Great deal, John! Congrats!

John Miliunas
12-24-2006, 6:23 PM
Egads! Awesome deal, John! I think you'll really enjoy that lathe. I've heard virtually nothing but positive on it. :) :cool:

Bob Noles
12-24-2006, 6:35 PM
Now that is a gloat (or Christmas present) for sure. I have that exact lathe and love it. For that price, I would probably find a 2nd lathe in my shop :D

Merry Christmas!

David Fried
12-24-2006, 8:19 PM
Ahhh ... where did you say this WoodCraft was ????

CONGRATS !!!! Sounds like you were the right person in the right place at the right time.

Steve Schlumpf
12-24-2006, 10:22 PM
Wow - I guess it pays to go to Woodcraft! Congrats on your new lathe! Looking forward to the pictures! Merry Christmas!!

Bernie Weishapl
12-24-2006, 11:20 PM
Way to go John. Nice gloat. Enjoy.

John Hart
12-25-2006, 7:29 AM
Just goes to show ya....sometimes you get the bear.;) Great story! Congratulations John!:)

Kurt Rosenzweig
12-25-2006, 10:00 AM
Now I need to figure out where to set it up in my shop.

Thats easy enough! I'll save you the time and just tell you to get rid of all your other tools except maybe the bandsaw. You won't be needing them anymore!:D Then you'll have plenty of room.

JOHN VITOSKY
12-26-2006, 7:31 AM
I already have one lathe. This makes my second. And it seems I dont really use the other tools much. Nice to have when needed though. I have a shop that is 24 x 48. I dont have enough tools to fill it. Thats my problem.

John Miliunas
12-26-2006, 8:57 AM
I have a shop that is 24 x 48. I dont have enough tools to fill it. Thats my problem.

Yeah. Uh-huh. Yeah. Sure. That's a "problem", awright! :rolleyes: Sheeesh...to have such issues! :p Now, get your butt out to your shop and let's see some product off of that new lathe of yours! :D :cool:

JOHN VITOSKY
12-26-2006, 1:49 PM
I know right! Ive turned so much for Christmas presents it is going to be awesome to turn just for the sake of turning, for fun. Twill be sweet!

Pat Doble
12-26-2006, 6:36 PM
I wonder if my local WC would part with their large Mustard machine at a markdown like that...

Congratulations and enjoy the lathe.

Bruce Shiverdecker
12-26-2006, 7:30 PM
Good Gloat, John!

Bruce