PDA

View Full Version : A few Turnings

Ken Wright
11-12-2003, 7:52 PM
that I agreed to post for fellow Creek Member Glenn Hodges. If you remember from this morning I posted some pics of Glenn's log harvesting rig and a couple of Magnolia bowls that he turned from that wood.

Glenn displayed his wares at the Calico Craft show in Moultrie GA over the W/end where I took these pics when I visited him there. Needless to say his work was, IMHO, the pick of the show and Glenn was quite succesful in his sales. Glenn describes himself as "a Backwoods Craftsman" but as you can see he is quite accomplished. Several years back Glenn made a visit to Bill Grumbine for a lesson or two but from that he is pretty much self taught. Ironically, Glenn takes great pride in "never spending a dime for turning wood" but he spends a lot of time turning bowls to pay off most of the tree surgeons in So Ga for his "free wood". He must have 400 blanks drying in his shop and he orders Anchorseal by the freight car.

Hope you enjoy Glenn's work ... thought it was worth your time to see.

Anthony Yakonick
11-12-2003, 8:37 PM
Nice stuff!

Ace Karner
11-12-2003, 9:20 PM
Talented and Prolific what a great combination.

Lee Schierer
11-13-2003, 1:21 PM
Wow thats some collection. Nice looking work too. Ken it was well worth the wait for posting the pics thanks for sharing.